scott ian comments on San Diego show

gatomike23

Apr 30, 2002
California
Visit site
We had played Canes a few years back and it was not so good. I was hoping for a better show this time.
Well I got my wish. I couldn't have asked for a better kick off show. Canes was packed and the crowd was killer. I'd have to say it was the best San Diego show we've ever played, way beyond my expectations. "Safe Home" was particularly good as the crowd took over on the vocals. "Be All, End All" went over as well as it did in Europe.
I was really pumped after the show. It may not seem like a big deal but starting a tour with a kick-ass show means a lot. Thanks to all the Thraxaholics that made San Diego so good for us!

scott said this on the metal sludge tour diary.This is pretty cool.Ive seen Anthrax everytime they hit SD since 1993 and I agree with him.I was worried before the show that the fans would not show up but they did.So it was cool,and ANTHRAX rocked like always.

also Ive been hearing safe home lots on our radio station rock 1953 which is cool,Iam so sick of disturbed.I love Metallica and Ozzy and all the other popular old school shit but the last stuff all those bands came out with is not as good as anthraxs new shit.We all know shit they gotta know.

They need to get played so the young kids will buy it.And the boys can make there money back and keep playing kick ass music.

Knac online gives thrax spins also.

late gatomike

Reactions: Metal Maiden
Yeh, i'm very glad that rock 105.3 has been playing Safe Home! It's the only decent thing they play, other than Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, Ozzy, Sabbath and old Metallica and the occaisonal Megadeth tune, not to mention their sunday night all metal show,"Another State Of Mind", who seem to LOVE the new Anthrax CD,since it seems like they play a song from it every week(especially What Doesn't Die),other than that, rock 105.3 blows.

But yeh, the SD show was INCREDIBLE! Great crowd, great set list(though i'd like a bit more from Persistence Of Time), the band is in great shape.....it was great!

Shit yeah Anthax was the best show ever. i hope next time they hit S.D they play like 4th and b. Im 35 now married, and an electrical engineer. I just have to say that the Anthrax show at Cains was one of the best times I had in a looooooong ass time. Every song they did fucken rocked. Made me and my best bro feel like we were 18 again. Went and saw them in Ventura and Aneheim the next weekend.

ANTHRAX FUCKEN RULES