San Diego Show ROCKED!!

BlackWidow72

New Metal Member
Jul 30, 2003
San Diego
broadsyde.com
First off I have to tell you I have only been an Anthrax fan for 3 years or so, even though I grew up hearing and watching them I was never a super big fan of the harder style of music.

BUT... in 2000 they were the opening band for Maximum Rock Tour, and even though I am by nature a die hard CRUEHEAD, I did learn to appreciate and love Anthrax and their music. And yes they DID get the short end of the stick on that tour... personally they should have let Megadeth go not Anthrax... but then agian most people would have wanted to give motley the boot.. lol

Ok so I went with my bf and his roommates to the show last night. IT KICKED FU*CKIN ass!!!!! I had forgotten how amazing and blood pumping these guys are. The tour kicked off here in San Diego and all you die hard Anthrax fans better get off your ass and go support the hardest working band in Metal!!!

You will NOT be dissapointed and the band supporting the tour are also worth while! So go out and support music, support metal, support rock and roll... but most importantly support the fufillment of dreams!! The show kicked ass the set was not to long and they play some new stuff and of course some of the old favorites.... LONG LIVE ANTHRAX!!!!

~Laura

Reactions: bRaTpRiNcEsS
Yeah it did. One of the best shows I have seen in a long time. Fuck Summer Sanitarium, cause ANTHRAX FUCKEN RULES. If you dont see this tour your an idiot.

BlackWidow72 said:
The show kicked ass the set was not to long and they play some new stuff and of course some of the old favorites.... LONG LIVE ANTHRAX!!!!

~Laura

The set was not too long? When on earth have ANthrax palyed a set that was too long?
I've never seen a good band and come out thinking "Hmmm good, but they played for too long!" Shit support acts obviously don't count.

Everyband on Summer Sanitarium should not be there except Metallica.

Metallica have the power, money and ability to put together just about any tour they want and they did just that. Only they picked the wrong fucking bands. They could have really supported metal and put together a superb package. Could you imagine what a riot an Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica package would have produced?

Bag Jr. said:
Did they play any of the following?

BE ALL, END ALL
NOTHING
CATHARSIS
LONE JUSTICE
CRUSH
A.I.R.

Wishful thinking, I guess.....

The did about one song of every album at least with two of Euphoria,sound of white nosie,and among the living and three off of the new one.The played some good shit but not evertything.But if you have seen anthrax on there tours in the last ten years they have played all those songs but lone justice.

Which is a great song they just dont play it no more.

Keith Would said:
The set was not too long? When on earth have ANthrax palyed a set that was too long?
I've never seen a good band and come out thinking "Hmmm good, but they played for too long!" Shit support acts obviously don't count.

Meaning... it could have been longer. :)

BlackWidow72 said:
First off I have to tell you I have only been an Anthrax fan for 3 years or so, even though I grew up hearing and watching them I was never a super big fan of the harder style of music.

BUT... in 2000 they were the opening band for Maximum Rock Tour, and even though I am by nature a die hard CRUEHEAD, I did learn to appreciate and love Anthrax and their music. And yes they DID get the short end of the stick on that tour... personally they should have let Megadeth go not Anthrax... but then agian most people would have wanted to give motley the boot.. lol

Ok so I went with my bf and his roommates to the show last night. IT KICKED FU*CKIN ass!!!!! I had forgotten how amazing and blood pumping these guys are. The tour kicked off here in San Diego and all you die hard Anthrax fans better get off your ass and go support the hardest working band in Metal!!!

You will NOT be dissapointed and the band supporting the tour are also worth while! So go out and support music, support metal, support rock and roll... but most importantly support the fufillment of dreams!! The show kicked ass the set was not to long and they play some new stuff and of course some of the old favorites.... LONG LIVE ANTHRAX!!!!

~Laura

I'm going this Saturday to the Anaheim HOB, thanks for the Diego review. Anthrax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yell: :D

Blues Bros intro.
Contact (tape)
---------------
What doesn't die
black dahlia
got the time
caught in a mosh
safe home
madhouse
inside out
antisocial
black lodge
fueled
NFL
Only
--------------
be all end all
metal thrashing mad
bring the noise

I know the order of songs is correct for the beginning and encore, but the middle is somewhat jumbled

Nah thats what they played I was there.They came a little after 11:00 pm and played tell 12:20 I wanted more.Sound of white noise and more persistence and maybe Iam the law,or random acts of senseless violence,

I liked the encores though.

BlackWidow72 said:

~Laura
:yell: sorry I can't pass a review of Anaheim back to you. My got us thrown out during Anthrax's set. :erk: Glad San Diego rocked.