LA Show Rocked!!!

hotcomic

New Metal Member
May 23, 2005
1st of all I was very lucky to find out there was going to be a show in LA with all the new band members. I found out just by luck, going through ticketmaster.com and searching a week before tickets were going to be sold. If there is a negative it is for whoever is in charge of publicity and marketing there latest lil tour. From what I have heard the turn-outs have not been good in a few places such as Las Vegas and as good as the band may be, if there is only a handful of people at a show it makes a difference. Anyway to what you have all been waiting for: Yes the show was a Sellout and made a big difference. The energy in the audience before the show was pretty high and was only building as the 20 min pre-show documentary was on. As the show started it was electrifying. The energy the band put out from beginning to end was amazing!!!! Their sound was as good as it was 13-14 years ago. Dan, Frank, and Joey were on fire and it seemed they were rejuvenated in life again, especially Joey & Frank, they seemed like lil kids having fun. Now I am a big fan of all Anthrax, but you can not compare the energy and chemistry of the band with all of these members. And the crowd seemed to be as happy as they were, with everybody moshing and headbanging all night long. So from what I have heard from some of the other shows in the states this was definitely the show that is the most memorable. It felt like I was back in the 80's again and was Frickin Awesome. This is a show that I will never forget. To see one of my favorite bands of all time in a venue so small and intimate. So I just hope that the rest of the shows sellout so they can extend their next tour. I know that true metal heads and Anthrax fans will appreciate when this tour is bigger and comes out in the fall (that is what they said "we will be back in the fall!!"). The only bad thing is they ran out of the Among the Living shirts cause the guy at the end was too dumb and slow to help us out. But I think I got the 20th anniversary shirt they were wearing on stage with the star in the front and a big 20 on the back and Anthrax for a name like a baseball style design.

LA was one of the best Metal shows I have ever seen. They sounded PERFECT. I wish they would have played all night. My neck is so fuckin soar and have bruises all over the place from the pits. NFL was my favorite of the night and shit Indians was nuts. Watching "Im the Man" was great it was if I traveled 15 years back in time. Awesome Awesome show I can't wait to see them again with this line up.

I have seen them many times with John Bush and there was just no comparison. And I spoke to many of the fans after the show and they said the same, "not even close it was way better than i have ever seen them with John Bush"

The set list was pretty close to the one from Vegas, with the addition of Deathrider, In My World, and a bit of Pantera's New Level. Great show! The crowd was really into it! I hope the band starts selling shirts through their website soon!

One of the best shows EVER! First of all the show was sold out!!! I'm not sure how many people the Key Club fits though, but it was packed! I got a nice spot up front. Before they came on, they showed a 30 minute shortened clip of their Behind the Music, and the recent interview from HeadBangers Ball. Then finally it was time for Anthrax to play. Well sadly, i dont think Anthrax got the opening start they were hoping for. The cd that played the first notes of Among the Living was skipping, and when Scott Ian came out, he had a WTF? look on his face. It didn't really matter, since everyone was going crazy anyways, including me. Then the rest came out playing which sounded great. But for the first 3 songs(which i believe was Among the Living, Caught in a Mosh, and Got the Time i think) there was a terrible loud bass sound that kept popping up randomly. In the middle of playing Scott, Frankie, and Dan were taking turns going backstage all upset to see what was wrong. It must of been one of the mics because someone switched it and the sound was gone!

The pits were massive and there was plenty of stage-diving and crowd surfing! Anthrax were all smiles clearly high off the energy of the crowd. Joey kept saying, "It's like i'm in 1987 again." This was my first time seeing Anthrax so i don't know how they were compared with Bush, but the whole band had massive amounts of energy the whole show! Dan was amazing with the solos, Scott and Frankie were madmen, Charlie was great, and Joey was interacting with the crowd a lot! He kept coming over towards me and singing with me! He is so awesome. They said they'd come back in the fall, so i look forward to that, especially so i could get a shirt this time.

Their setlist in no order was:
Among the Living
Caught in a Mosh
Got the Time
Metal Thrashing Mad
Death Rider
Medusa
Madhouse
A.I.R.
Indians
I Am the Law
N.F.L
I'm the Man
Anti-Social
Be All, End All
In My World
A New Level

My only complaint was i wish they played more songs from Persistence of Time since thats my favorite Anthrax album. Like Belly of the Beast or Keep it in the Family! GREAT SHOW!

Wow, sounds like the best show yet and looks like they are planning a fall tour!!!! Just imagine what the NJ show is gonna be like....

all i have to say is that it was THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!
... and i got my arm sign by the whole band,joey was the sweetest! :oops: the whole concert was the best,especially cause it was sold out!! can't wait to see them again this fall!!! :yow:

Love&Bruises\m/xoxo