SPAM: 5150II - $800 shipped CONUS

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
I've decided to sell my 5150II in search of an actual 5150 or 6505. I don't need the extra features, and enjoy the simplicity/tone of the original a bit better.

Pictures:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v356/DeadSkinSlayer36/Gear/Past/Amps/5150II/

It's in great condition, only a few things worth mentioning:

-Rip in tolex on left side, as pictured. It's about a square half inch, but it's the only ding on the tolex on the entire amp.

-The corners on the top grill/vent for the powertubes have broken off - this is extremely common with Peavey amps.

-The previous owned didn't have the little tabs to wind the cable around on the back grill, so I put on some velcro grab thingies, as pictured. I like these a little better, actually... just unvelcro them and the entire cable comes undone.

-It's only got 2 powertubes (JJ), run at 4ohms into an 8ohm cab, as per Peavey's recommendation for cutting the power in half. I don't have the other two to make a quartet, sorry.

Other than that, the amp is perfect! Never had an issue with it at all. It's got EH's in the preamp section, and comes with the footswitch and cable.

I'm looking to get $800 shipped and paypal'd in the CONUS, OBO. Not looking for trades, unless you've got a 5150 or 6505. Questions should be directed to JeffTD -at- Gmail -dot- com.

I've just ordered a 5150 - when that gets in, I'll be putting it's little plastic feet for power-cable wrapping onto the 5150II, and if the top vent is in better condition, stick that on as well. I'll also be dropping the price to $750 shipped at that point, and putting it on eBay if it doesn't sell within 2-3 days.

Definitely willing to ship international if the buyer wants to pay for it. Shipping to the UK via USPS or FedEx looks like it's going to cost like $300. I'd issue a refund if it turned out cheaper, but the buyer would be responsible for paying the entire shipping cost, on top of $750 for the amp itself.

Hmm now we're getting pretty much near price of a new 6505 over here with that sorta shipping cost! Think i shall have to give this one a miss for now unfortunately! Got a bit excited about it for a moment! Haha

You sure? That total looks to me like $1050, when converted to the pound sterling it should be around 500, right? Are they that cheap out there? I just saw on Thomann they run a little over 1100 Euro.