SPAM: Looking to swap Studio Projects C-1 for SM7

rvs0002

Metal from the Heartland
Jun 28, 2007
Topeka, KS
www.johnnylokkeband.com
I am interested in trading my C-1 for a SM7 or 7B as long as it's in good shape. My C-1 is like new and comes with shock mount, foam wind filter and padded flight case. It's a bit too bright on my voice, so I thought I'd try something else. If you are interested PM me and I'll send you pics of my mic and we'll see if we can't work out some kind of a deal.

Plan on offering quite a bit of cash.

Like $150-200.

The SM7 will hold value more than a C-1 will, I'd honestly plan on just buying a new one because you won't get much for that C1. I've seen them sold for not even $100 on the Bay, it's not a bad mic so I'd just hold onto it and get a new SM7.

Jeff

Yeah, I was planning on throwing some money in the mix, but if no one is interested I will just hang on to it. It's really a pretty killer mic, seems like it works on all vocals but mine, plus I mic'd up a friends cab with it last fall (paired it with a 57) and it sounded really good on that as well which was a nice surprise. Anyway just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone was interested.

As an aside, I was really hoping you were going to go MacGyver on me and tell me how to rebuild it into some kind of monster mic. I always enjoy reading your posts where you take something and "Broll-erize" it.

I wish I knew how to do that but I don't. Haven't known anyone who felt like letting me disassemble their mic, and honestly condensers take a lot more delicate care than I can usually give with my tremor and lack of patience.

Jeff