Stuff for sale!!!

ElektricEyez

Aug 29, 2007
All prices listed, but shipping is on your dime!

Mesa Boogie triple Recto! This has a SED/JJ tube Mod. The SED tubes are 6L6 (Old Winged C) and 12ax7's on the pre's. I'm selling this because the money is going towards a Splawn Nitro. asking 1400

I recently upgraded to 7th circle audio pre's and an RME Fireface, and quite a bit of other things so here is some stuff I am selling.

I have a pair of Studio Projects VTB-1 Mic Pre's. They are less than a year old, and have only been used in my studio. Not even that much milage to be honest. They go for 120 new, I'm asking 90 each! Buy the pair and I'll take off 10 bones. Oh BTW, IMO these are probably the best mic pre's for metal vocals, guitars, and bass. That tube blend knob adds a certain something to the sound that just sounds aggressive. They are great pre-amps! (edit: low end mic pre that I have used and heard for metal vox, axe, and bass but the ART PRO comes in a very close 2nd!)

Tapco SP-5 Studo monitors. Great condition, and they actually sound pretty good! I mixed on these for years! I paid 300 for them and in that price range I checked all the studio monitors at the music store, and these ones sounded the best. I hadn't even heard of them until that day, so my decision was not biased. I played various mixes through them that day, both pro and my own, such as mudvayne and a few other bands. And next to the Events and a few other monitors, these beat them, hands down! 200 Bones!

ART Pro MPA. This is an older model, with the black faceplate. After talking with a tech, he said that this was probably better than the new ones that are out, so I grabbed it. It does NOT have digital outs. The original price sticker is still on it, which says 600 bucks, so they did not go for the 300 bucks that they do now. This pre actually sounds fantastic! Only one flaw, is that the VU meters do not light up, but that has never been a problem for me. Oh and cosmetically it's not perfect. It's not in terrible condition, just not perfect. Asking 200.

Last in line is the M-Audio DMP3. As most people know this has the burr-brown op-amp. This pre I purchased at the same time I got the Studio Projects so it is also less than a year old. I mostly used this for overheads and some acoustic guitars. It's a very clean sounding pre, and has some great detail in the mids. Plus the headroom on this amp (66db of gain I believe) is great for dynamic mics that need lots of power, such as the SM7B.
When I did a test between this preamp and the SCA T15, the difference I heard was that the T15 sounded more open, and the DMP3 seemed to sound like it was in a smaller room. This was actually pointed out to me by my wife, when we tracked an acoustic guitar through it. it goes for 160 new, I'm asking 125.

Anyway if your interested hit me up. Not making any promises because I also have this stuff listed locally, but I'll try to get some pics up if anyone asks.

I do have some pics at my myspace studio webpage where you can see the tapco's and the ART PRO MPA so you can check em out!

myspace.com/narrowgatestudios3