Spastic Ink new material??

sAlex

New Metal Member
Nov 13, 2004
Does anyone know if S.I. have any material written for their new album....If there will ever be a new album or any info. abou this..... :worship:

Thanks!!!

The chance of another Spastic Ink CD happening are very slim at this point. "Ink Compatible" took so long to complete, and was very difficult pulling it together. I've stated in interviews that the only way another Ink CD would happen is if Bobby and Pete both have several months off, and want to put Ink material together. I'm not going to write another CD by myself and try to find players like I did with "Ink Compatible". When we put "Ink Complete" together, Bobby, Pete were working together as a team. With the latest Ink CD, I was collaborating with my computer.

Right now, Bobby is working with Jon Schaeffer in Iced Earth and Demons And Wizards. Pete just recorded a bunch of tracks for Leatherwolf and Riot, and will probably tour with either/both bands if it comes to that. It's hard to say if we'll ever put anything else together as Spastic Ink, but you never know what may happen somewhere down the line...

I haven't written a note for any more Ink tunes, but I do have my plate full. WatchTower is heading for the studio to record drum tracks next weekend (Nov. 20/21), so I'll be tracking guitars for the next few months. While that is happening, I am also writing material for the new project with Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse bassist) and Chris Adler (Lamb Of God drummer). And so over the next 6 months or so, I'll be rather busy writing, recording, gigging, and teaching. None of it involves Spastic Ink...

Ron

It would really be a shame if you guys won't record anything else!!!!!!!!
I understand what is like if you do music on your own.....
But you guys ,especialy you RON .....you are all gods .....really
it would really be ashame if you won't record anything else............

You MUST record something new................even if it takes 5 yrs.....

BTW: Do you have any T-Shirts in print????????

Well, I have to say I'm gonna be hugely dissapointed if there is never another SI....but still super excited about the other material.

On the subject of t-shirts - is there anyway to pay for the watchtower ones via pay pal? I have to pay £20 to get an international money draft thingy

Yeah, what’s a bit frustrating is the fact that “Ink Compatible” has received such great reviews in magazines and webzines, is selling unbelievably well, but we aren’t backing it up to take it to another level. We were seriously thinking about playing shows right after the CD was released, but there were so many things that would have had to be worked out. Of course there was the realization that we’d have to relearn and rehearse so much material, and play just a handful of shows. I think if some sort of tour would have popped up, we would have done it. That somewhat would have made all of the rehearsing worthwhile. What’s more of a drag is I really thought Ink gigging was a strong possibility, so I built a doubleneck so I could pull off the different tuning for the songs (I’ll have a few pics of the guitar up on the Ink web page in a few weeks). But! You never know what could happen later…

About the new project with Webster and Adler. What's it going to be like?? Probably a combination of the technicality of Ink, the aggression of Cannibal Corpse, and the heavy groove of Lamb Of God. Seems like both Alex and Chris want to do something instrumental, (although I’m open to having a few songs with vocals), so the main focus will be the 3 of us. Right now I’m thinking maybe 2 or 3 songs with vocals, if any at all. Not sure yet…

This is something that I’m really motivated and excited about. Seriously folks, I hit the jackpot with these guys. I found out through various sources that these guys were very into the techy side of things, and so I asked Alex and Chris if they were into doing something outside of their main bands. They have been so cooperative and motivated to get it going. Seems like I caught them at the perfect time, and they both want to branch out a bit and work together on this.

I met both of them a few weeks ago when CC played in Austin, and LoG played here in San Antonio. I talked with each of them for hours, worked out a concept for the CD, are figuring how we’re going to write material with distance between us, and how we're going to get together live several times to put it all together. It’s all very early in the works, so yeah, it could fall apart just as easily as it got started. But all looks killer right now. I’ve written about 20 different sections for songs and am starting to match up tunes to song titles, and am anxiously waiting for the guys to complete their current tours so we can start putting things together.

Ron

This will have to be really cool!!!!!!

Yeah it would be nice if you would at least have a couple of gigs if you won't record anything.........perhaps you could gig in europe?????????????

Still......making T-Shirts wouldn be bad............... :worship:

ronjarz said:
I am also writing material for the new project with Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse bassist) and Chris Adler (Lamb Of God drummer).
holy crap, you and webster is a mental combo. i cannot wait for that. thank you metal deities and internet for your advanced information.

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby... Ron, you need to keep him caged and feed him well and bring him out when you need him. I understand the musicians who want to make a living on their trade, but I'm so very sad at seeing wasted talent and potential all the time; because that's what it is.