Speaker cab mic clamps

Razorjack

Bass Behemoth
Jun 13, 2004
Manchester, UK
www.pythiamusic.com
I was recommended these by the Artist Relations guy from Audix today, has anyone got any experience with them or something similar?

We are going to be rolling with all our own mics (i5's on the cabs, D series on the drums) and are looking to reduce the space taken up on stage by stands. I've seen them in use with a couple of big acts and they seem to be ideal but if there is something better out there I'd be interested. :kickass:

We just played a show last month at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood, CA and the sound guy used one of those to mic our Line 6 4X12 (from a 6505+) and it sounded pretty good. For live purposes its a great idea. The less space taken up the better, you never know when you'll get a small stage.

The guitar player of a band we've played with used something that pretty much looked like this
Flexible_Table_Lamp_with_Clamp_Base.jpg

only it had a mic holder instead of a bulb :p and was more stable. Don't know if it was DIY or not but it worked great and saved a lot of space. The side you attach to the wall of the cabinet worked like this http://www.biconet.com/birds/GIFs/stealth/acc/girderClamp2.jpg only it didn't damage it. It looked more stable and flexible than what you've posted.

edit: found a pic but it's too small :(
mic_clamp.jpg

Wow - just what I needed! It seems like they borrowed a bit from the Reflexion Filter...