Speaking of Necrophagist

WarHead

Handful of Nothing
Aug 27, 2001
Virginia
What do you guys think of them?

I think that they're an amazing technical death metal band, but what makes me keep listening to them is that they in no way compromise their song writing skills for the sake of technicallity.

On the down side...it is all left hand driven music. Im more familiar with Origin and Aeon style bands that tend to use their right hand chops a bit more.

Although...on the up side...its left hand driven music :loco:. Which is refreshing to hear in death metal at that fast tempo.

_chris_

AMAZING FUCKING BAND DUDE!!!! You will love them. i did the first time heard them. Youd need a photographic memory to play their shit though. Their guitar solos are fun to learn

Hell yeah,fuckin great band and theyre incredible technical with their enstruments.Muhammed is fan-fuckin-tastic guitarist.Best Death Metal band around these days.I saw them live couple of months ago and they re perfect in live too. They played Fermented Offal disharge under heavy rain\m/

Uh... the right hand is very important in their style to... Sweeping takes years to master with your picking hand.

I wouldn't say years to master but that's just me.

Necrophagist is amazing. One of the best in the tech/progressive death metal arena. I much prefer Epitaph to Onset simply because of the more streamlined sound but overall Muhammed Suicmez is better at guitar than you can ever hope to be.

WarHead said:

I think that they're an amazing technical death metal band, but what makes me keep listening to them is that they in no way compromise their song writing skills for the sake of technicallity.

On the down side...it is all left hand driven music. Im more familiar with Origin and Aeon style bands that tend to use their right hand chops a bit more.

Although...on the up side...its left hand driven music :loco:. Which is refreshing to hear in death metal at that fast tempo.

_chris_

what do u mean by "left hand driven music"?

WarHead said:

_chris_

They're alright. Are they on Relapse or?

I dont care for Origin that much and dont know why some rate them so highly. Ooh, they're "brutal" yet so technical!

Necrophagist is the Nevermore of Death Metal, there guitarist is insain, probably some of the most complex work i have heard in a while. Epitash and Onset of Putrification are great albums, just make sure you get the Reissue one.:headbang: