Special Shows this weekend! Fri & Sat 4/9 & 4/10

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
Sure, we have 2 shows this weekend, so what's so special about that?
We are going to have the lovely Heather Baker as Dee Murray and Satoru will be performing as Janet Gers for some of these sets before she returns to Japan in a few days as a farewell. Yep, we're gonna do the 3 guitar player thing just like the real deal does! Woot! Come on out! :headbang: Not sure when this will ever happen again!

FRIDAY, APRIL 9th
Paladinos
6101 Reseda Blvd
Tarzana, CA 91335
818-342-1563

AND.........

Saturday, April 10th
Santa Fe Springs Swap Meet
13963 Alondra Blvd.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
562-921-9996
You know the deal - 3 one-Hour Sets for $1.00 WOW!
ALL AGES WELCOME
Sets at noon, 1:30 and 3:30

We'll also have special guest Chris Brightwell from DAMAGE INC sitting in on a few too! He RAWKS!

Oh HELL YES....personal request here, please...I'm with Metallicat here....

PLEASE play Flash Of The Blade at the swap meet!!!!

It's my favorite Maiden song that they've never played live!

I'll lie and say that it's my birthday, if that helps give you a good reason to play it! :D

Hey Linda...I'll be bringing a "special" present for you all at the swap meet...LOL!

Oh...and a little birdie told me to ask at the entrance if I could get in free and get free food, if I told them I am friends with Linda. :lol:

Hey Linda...I'll be bringing a "special" present for you all at the swap meet...LOL!

Oh...and a little birdie told me to ask at the entrance if I could get in free and get free food, if I told them I am friends with Linda. :lol:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special present? What could it be?????????? :loco:

Hey, we WISH we could do Flash of the Blade, but you gotta know that this is all sudden news to us that we could even do the 3rd guitarist thang. :worship: We only recently found out that Satoru decided to extend her visit here to attend our shows as a friend...............uh.................well............DUH!! What are we supposed to do??? Just put her on the guest list? NO! She wants to PLAY!!!! SOoooooooooooooooo.........the next logical thing to do was to maximize her stay and have her join us on stage as a Janet Gers! :headbang: If there was time to learn another song for all of us that would DEFINITELY be the song to do!!! :kickass:BUT, with the circumstances, we are not in a position to be adding that tune to our list at the moment. We hope you understand. :saint: Rest assured, it will be a great set of songs! MANY of which you have not heard for a while!

Wow......sounds fantastic! Can't wait! Not to worry about Flash Of The Blade....I knew it was too short of notice to learn it. I was just being selfish in my desire to hear it...LOL.

i cannot wait it is going to be sooooo much fun :) Good times ! Just keep em coming!

its not the way you rock, its the way that you roll :headbang:

its not the way you rock, its the way that you roll :headbang:

I've decided that last Sunday's earthquake was simply mother nature's way of ordering a mandatory headbang for 45 seconds!

...and well overdue, it was! :kickass:

One of the best Iron Maidens shows ever. Actually, maybe one of the best concerts ever. Absolutely on fire, jaw dropping incredible! I came a little late though which is a bummer. I was too busy drinking wine at a friends house and lost track of time. I'm not sure how much of the show I missed. I came in during Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. I was taking enormous amounts of pictures from various cameras and I have no idea who's cameras they were.

We also got there pretty late, thanks to some of the worst weekend traffic i've seen in a long time. We got there just as the third set was starting at the swap meet show. Having three guitarists tr;.m/l, <---that was my cat...he says "hello". Anyway...having three guitarists up there was awesome! It was REALLY nice to see Heather up there again. She's an incredible player....simply amazing...and...sorry if this embrassed you Heather...she is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Satoru was having so much fun up there, and is terrific too. It's a shame they can't both just join up now and get settled in to learning more of the songs!

I brought along some good friends of the band as a surprise gift to the girls...a certain Mr and Mrs Derek Riggs. :) They wanted to see "their girls" again...and brought along a couple of Derek's books to sign and give to Satoru and Kirsten. The look on both their faces as they realized what was happening, was priceless!

I have lots of pics...as I was ale to take some shots from the back of the stage (a different perspective than usual...lol...and later on I made my way up to the front corner ofthe stage, and got some nice shots. I'm no professional and auto focus is sometimes crap...however most of them look good when shrunk down from full size to proper web posting size. There are a lot of photos that turned out pretty nice, so I won't hijick this thread with them. I'll put up a "Swap Meet Photos" thread soon as I have the pics resized for posting.

BTW...The Lazy Dog is terrific restaurant! Good service, great food(!!) and the price is unbelievably low. I believe all in our party last night would vouch for me on that!

Want to say hello to Paul, Dennis, Marc (err...or is it Mark? sorry!) and Wanda....had MUCH fun yesterday :)

Had a blast!! You girls played some amazing rarities!!! And I can't believe I met Derek Riggs and got my Killers shoe signed by him :worship:notworthy

Pics are on my facebook (link in my signature)

Set lists:

Set 1:
1. Be Quick or Be Dead
2. Can I Play With Madness
3. The Prisoner
4. Alexander The Great
5. Genghis Khan
6. Moonchild
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name
8. Fear Of The Dark
9. Women In Uniform

Set 2:
1. Invaders
2. 22 Acacia Avenue
3. Sea Of Madness
4. Murders In The Rue Morgue
5. The Clairvoyant
6. Sun And Steel
7. Children Of The Damned
8. Tailgunner
9. Losfer Words
10.Phantom Of The Opera

Set 3:
1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Wasted Years
4. The Trooper
5. Die With Your Boots On
6. Flight Of Icarus
7. Killers
8. Number Of The Beast
9. The Evil That Men Do
10.Run To The Hills

Encore:
Fear Of The Dark

Why doesn't Iron Maiden play setlists like this? WTF!

They played Fear of the Dark twice? Is that right?

it was quite the show must say! very interesting events and all! haha Probably the best swap i have ever played.. My body obviously did not want me to play but the show must go fucking on! haha Thanks to all those who were there for me when i was not feeling well during the first two sets! If it wasnt for Mark,Maleni, the crew and the rest of the girls in the band i dont think i would have been able to continue... it was bc of them that i was back in action for the 3rd set. <3 Im surrounded by the best people in the world. thank you guys/gals!:headbang:

up the irons!