Specs and ToA.....

FataMorgana said:
Has anyone else played Specs and ToA back to back yet? I kind of felt like that was the ultimate test. It flows so nicely!

I don't think I could any happier with the new cd!!!!! :headbang:
Actually, yes! I rarely keep master copies with me n the car, so when I made one for Barb, I fit most of ToA right after it. You're right -- it flows nicely. However, the more I listen to Specs, the more I can't stop listening to it and the more I walk around with certain parts stuck in my head! My kids are probably getting sick of hearing me suddenly blurt out "The water runs the falcon cries..." and "I fall down on my knees in Awe, closer to the edge I walk..." Not to mention, "So here we are to face the fear, divided minds could never see so clear..."

And still more amazing to me yet is the fact the Barb has not stopped playing this album either and is telling everyone she knows about it. This is really the first prog metal band that she's really gotten into (other than OC) and what a way to start!!!

I am SO looking forward to November!!!!

Eyesore said:
You guys need to quit showing off! =(
Sorry dude, there's no showing off going on here. There are quite a few of us who attended ProgPower (at our expense) and purchased the new CD from a band that I've always been highly supportive of since I "discovered" them in 1999. As such, being a long-time fan, you'll have to bear with me displaying some excitement over a CD which is rocking my world at the moment as well as a few others here. I've also known Chris' voice for over 10 years as one of the few people who have one of the original Power of Omens demo cassettes from 1996. I met Chris as well as the ZH guys @ PP1 and found that they are some of the most genuinely nice, extremely talented peopled I have ever met. Now they have joined forces for is proving to be the best thing that has happened to all parties involved. I got to catch their set at PP and now I get to catch a few more in November -- so yes, I'm a bit excited about that!

Don't worry, it is officially released in a few short weeks. Ken is probably taking pre-orders now. You, too, will be enjoying it and singing its accolades in short time. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll post either the entire "Evidence of the Unseen" or they'll post another sample or whole song. If you drive to my house, I'll play the whole thing for you! Seriously! Its THAT great!

Oh yeah, you even get to see them live close to your home in a little over 6 weeks! I've always had to travel far to see them. Thursday, Nov. 9 @ the Lucky Dog in Worcester, MA! Spread the word and help give these guys a great east coast reception. I will see you there.

So frustrating reading all the great reviews and comments and still having to wait; Life sucks sometimes!
I also read that Ken is taking pre-orders as well

spatch said:
So frustrating reading all the great reviews and comments and still having to wait; Life sucks sometimes!
I also read that Ken is taking pre-orders as well
Yeah... At least it isn't one of those deals where the CD is released in Japan 2 months before it is released here. Aren't you glad you're not reading bad reviews ahead of the release date? At least you can feel very secure in your purchase (you should).

If Ken is taking pre-orders then everyone who really wants this album and wants to support Zero Hour should go and pre-order it NOW!! You help a band out more by doing so because it demonstrates REAL interest to the label which ultimately elevates the support they receive from a label. Of course Ken is cool as shit and supports these guys already, but in general, it is a factor used to guage a band's "success." The same thing applies to live shows -- a promoter judges a band's mass appeal by its pre-sales and is much more likely to bring back a band that sells out before the show.

Kenneth R. said:
Hmmm either pre order... or buy at the gig... either way I'm getting this disc! Ken Golden is definitely a top-class guy every time i talked to him
Can you really wait all the way until the gig to get this masterpiece?!?!? You will definitely want to be familiar with the new tunes for this show! Yes, Ken is a top-class guy! Out of 20 CDs I bought at PP, 16 were from him (plus 3 DVDs). Out of all those CDs and DVDs, I have only made it through 1 so far.. guess which one that is? :lol:

Looking forward to meeting at the Worcester show!

Rick Pierpont said:
However, the more I listen to Specs, the more I can't stop listening to it and the more I walk around with certain parts stuck in my head! My kids are probably getting sick of hearing me suddenly blurt out "The water runs the falcon cries..." and "I fall down on my knees in Awe, closer to the edge I walk..."

LOL! That's the same lyric thread that keeps going around in my head since PP7. I guess I caught the "bug" during their set when they played Falcon's Cry. They made such an impression with the new material and their new singer that it is stuck in my brain. :worship:

SoPBB is fantastic! And the album of the year in my opinion. :headbang:

Rawk!

Kenneth R. said:
consider me SOLD :D

I'll see you in Brooklyn, my home is closer to Worchester, but my university isn't :lol:

I'll be driving from Syracuse
Excellent! And yes, I'm even listening to it yet again as I write. :kickass:

Oh OK. That's cool. I guess you already heard about the date change from the venue that was announced yesterday? It has been moved from Friday, Nov. 10 to Sunday, Nov. 12. :( At least it didn't get cancelled! I can't wait to see this club. Just making sure, The Hook is NOT the old L'Amours, correct?

Wow! That's a haul either way -- but about the same from my house to Brooklyn. I've definitely driven to NY more than once over the years for shows!

The Shrike said:
LOL! That's the same lyric thread that keeps going around in my head since PP7. I guess I caught the "bug" during their set when they played Falcon's Cry. They made such an impression with the new material and their new singer that it is stuck in my brain. :worship:

SoPBB is fantastic! And the album of the year in my opinion. :headbang:

Rawk!
:lol: That's pretty funny. My girlfriend keeps singing "I'll never give in" from I Am Here! But hell yeah, they definitely hooked me on Falcon's Cry at the show. Matt and I were right in front of Troy and that tap-slide down bass line was AWESOME!! Of course Chris really shines in that part too and Jasun and Mike do a great job of setting up the ambience for all of that to work perfectly!

Yes, it is and I think you're right, I don't think any other album has hit me like this this year!

Rick Pierpont said:
Oh yeah, you even get to see them live close to your home in a little over 6 weeks! I've always had to travel far to see them. Thursday, Nov. 9 @ the Lucky Dog in Worcester, MA! Spread the word and help give these guys a great east coast reception. I will see you there.
Fuck me sideways!! :worship:

What am I ever to wear?!?! :headbang:

I have not been able to take this CD out of my car since Prog Power. It justs gets better and better with every listen!! I think it just may be my favorite cd ever... I'm definitely addicted! Great job guys!

Barb