My thoughts on Specs... it's THAT good and deserves another thread!

ytse00

Resident Shackaholic
Mar 6, 2003
NJ
I originally felt compelled to send this to the ZH twins, but now I want everyone else to read this and I'd love to know if anyone else feels the same!!!!

Finally hearing Specs...for the 4th time today
I have the fortunate ability to sit at my desk here listening to music all day with headphones. I got Specs last night, and didn't have a chance to listen to it until today. I was waiting until I got to work, because I knew I had the headphones there and could absorb every nuance, every section, every note, every ounce of this incredible disc.

But I have to admit: "Incredible" is a severe understatement. Why do I say this? Not because I'm a fan boy who will love anything and everything you guys do (while yes that may be true, read on!!)...but because I am having the EXACT feelings I had the 1st time I listened to Towers of Avarice.

Prior to Specs, I felt that you guys had your pen-ultimate release with Towers. That anything you ever did couldn't touch it. I was looking forward to Specs with the anticipation that any big fan of any band would have, but with that lingering feeling in the background of my mind saying "yeah but it will never be as good as Towers!!".

I was so wrong, I am wrong, I'll never think that again!!

Specs is absolutely, mind-blowingly, incredibly, outstandingly AWESOME. I sincerely hope Chris is here to stay. I am LOVING his voice!!!!!! Dare I say more than Erik's?! Ah, whatever, Erik's performance on Towers will always be legendary to me... but now, Chris' too, for Specs. I'm listening to Specs for the 4th time today, and it's grabbing me like Towers did. Once Towers hit me, I could never take it out of my cd player. 1 billion listens later, and that album still gets me every single time. The ultimate in prog-metal, technical metal, whatever the fuck you want to call it. How about just the most kick ass music ever?

Now, Specs, I know it will be that way too. You guys did it again. This album will get 1 billion listens from me. Maybe even more. It's THAT good!!!

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!! THANK YOU for the incredible music you make!!!!!!!

-Bryan :headbang:

Am I the only one that likes A Fragile Mind more than Towers? Haha.

I agree with you, however, this is one badass album! What I like about it is that I really don't have to compare. It truly has its own identity, much like the self-titled/Metamorphosis does. I don't have to wonder if I like it better than Towers because it stands on its own two feet despite the amazingly strong foundation that has come before with the other three albums.

I think it's a brilliant album, and I refuse to compare. =)

Hahah yes! Indeed! 20+ listens later, and Specs is still giving me shivers!!! This stuff is sooooo good.

I brought the entire ZH discography with me to work, and am spinning them all, all day! Interestingly enough, Towers STILL gives me shivers!!!!! This part especially:

THOUGHT I COULD LOSE THE THOUGHT THAT
BROUGHT ME TO THE THOUGHT THAT
BROUGHT ME HERE TO THIS DEMISE
THOUGHT I COULD LOSE THE THOUGHT THAT
RULES US ALL AND BELIEVES THAT
ONE MUST LOSE IN ORDER TO FIND
THOUGH THE STORM INSIDE ME
GAVE ME STRENGTH TO BE A MIGHTY RIVER

I WAS STILL NOT THE TIDE!!!!!

One billion listens later, and that part gets me every single time. Such a friggin' rush!! And the chills I get during "The Ghosts of Dawn"...oh man!

Now with Specs: I'm getting shivers during "The Falcon's Cry", right in the beginning with whispers into those higher pitched vox saying "SOMETHING'S GONNA DIE!!!!" (at least I think that's the lyric!!)

And I get the chills now during during all the "You are...." parts in "Evidence of the Unseen". Love this cd soooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You are.... the EVIDENCE... of the UNSEEN...." that part is so awesome at the end of that track where it just rips on that groove!

This cd is friggin amazing. So many good things to say!

That's so awesome guy's and thank you so much for all the kind words.

YOU RULE YTSE00 (Just METAL my brutha, KENNETH R. (Always supporting you are bro), Eyesore and everyone.

We are very proud of the CD and it's so much better to hear you're enjoying SPECS!!!

METAL!!

Jasun