Spider-Man 2...

As far as character developement, this is the first time in any movie, or cartoon where the actuallly manage to capture Peter Parker, as in the comics, where his life is miserable, nothing goes right, and he tortures himself every day to do the responsible thing, even though it ruins his life. It's the basic foundation of the comics, and they finally got it right in a media form. Much better input on Harry Osbourne's role. The relationship between Peter and Aunt May, now that Ben is gone, Aunt May steps into the role of the "voice of reason" and makes him realize what his responsibility is. The MJ and Peter releationship finally comes to a head in the end of the movie, and it shows beyond all odds, she wants to be with him. They show the human side of a villian, where the acting was very natural, and easy to believe, never seeming "forced." There is so much good to this movie, that some "realistic" elements can easily be overlooked.

As far as Doc Oc tossing the car through the window, if you remember, each arm has a mind of it's own, like when he would shy away from the taxi cab, and the arms tossed it to the side. He located Peter, the arms tossed the car, not him.

And remember, it's a COMIC BOOK movie. :)

Novembers Paul said:
As far as character developement, this is the first time in any movie, or cartoon where the actuallly manage to capture Peter Parker, as in the comics, where his life is miserable, nothing goes right, and he tortures himself every day to do the responsible thing, even though it ruins his life. It's the basic foundation of the comics, and they finally got it right in a media form. Much better input on Harry Osbourne's role. The relationship between Peter and Aunt May, now that Ben is gone, Aunt May steps into the role of the "voice of reason" and makes him realize what his responsibility is. The MJ and Peter releationship finally comes to a head in the end of the movie, and it shows beyond all odds, she wants to be with him. They show the human side of a villian, where the acting was very natural, and easy to believe, never seeming "forced." There is so much good to this movie, that some "realistic" elements can easily be overlooked.

As far as Doc Oc tossing the car through the window, if you remember, each arm has a mind of it's own, like when he would shy away from the taxi cab, and the arms tossed it to the side. He located Peter, the arms tossed the car, not him.

And remember, it's a COMIC BOOK movie. :)
See, I've heard this excuse before. "It's a comic book movie, what did you expect?" I don't really understand why just because it's a comic book movie that I should alter my standards so that I can enjoy something that I normally wouldn't. It is the job of the movie maker to create a movie that doesn't make me want to drool on myself. That's his job.Unless he geared the movie towards only children, then I can let it slide but it was my understanding that he wanted to create something to entertain everyone. Yeah, I don't really understand how anyone past the age of 15 could think that this is really entertaining.

And about the arms of Doc Oc, if he didn't have ANY control of them then how did he manage to get to places that he wanted to go to? Why didn't they snap Mary Jane in half when he had a hold of her? At one point during the deli fight scene he is holding Peter Parker but he throws him instead of crushing his neck. It could be argued that the arms wanted to get hold of the trillium to further the experiment, which makes sense, but the life of Peter Parker would also have been important to the arms in this case since Doc Oc couldn't have the trillium until he found Spiderman. It doesn't add up. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much, but hey, it's what I do.

PeeWee1473 said:
See, I've heard this excuse before. "It's a comic book movie, what did you expect?" I don't really understand why just because it's a comic book movie that I should alter my standards so that I can enjoy something that I normally wouldn't. It is the job of the movie maker to create a movie that doesn't make me want to drool on myself. That's his job.Unless he geared the movie towards only children, then I can let it slide but it was my understanding that he wanted to create something to entertain everyone. Yeah, I don't really understand how anyone past the age of 15 could think that this is really entertaining.

And about the arms of Doc Oc, if he didn't have ANY control of them then how did he manage to get to places that he wanted to go to? Why didn't they snap Mary Jane in half when he had a hold of her? At one point during the deli fight scene he is holding Peter Parker but he throws him instead of crushing his neck. It could be argued that the arms wanted to get hold of the trillium to further the experiment, which makes sense, but the life of Peter Parker would also have been important to the arms in this case since Doc Oc couldn't have the trillium until he found Spiderman. It doesn't add up. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much, but hey, it's what I do.
See, you are missing the point. You shouldn't alter your standards to enjoy the movie. If your standards are so high then you just shouldn't even attempt to enjoy this movie. This is a comic book movie, and as such it all makes sense. If the vilains in comic books were that intelligent they would crush heroes the first time they meet because usually they are much more powerful than the hero, that's what makes the comics compelling. It is the exact same thing as watching an horror movie, why doesn't Michael Myers just run after Laurie and kill her, instead he walks sliently, waits in the shadows until the right time etc. It doesn't make any logical sense to do that but that's part of the charm, the suspense and the enjoyment of the movie. The exact same goes for Spider-Man, it is not supposed to be all logical because the comic books were not. This is a Stan Lee comic book and as such is very simple in terms of plot, but tries to make you buy the next comic as well as developping the caracters within an action format. Although I haven't seen #2 yet the first one was exactly what I expected and I loved every minute of it, although I didn't expect a Francois Truffaut flick.

mindspell said:
See, you are missing the point. You shouldn't alter your standards to enjoy the movie. If your standards are so high then you just shouldn't even attempt to enjoy this movie. This is a comic book movie, and as such it all makes sense. If the vilains in comic books were that intelligent they would crush heroes the first time they meet because usually they are much more powerful than the hero, that's what makes the comics compelling. It is the exact same thing as watching an horror movie, why doesn't Michael Myers just run after Laurie and kill her, instead he walks sliently, waits in the shadows until the right time etc. It doesn't make any logical sense to do that but that's part of the charm, the suspense and the enjoyment of the movie. The exact same goes for Spider-Man, it is not supposed to be all logical because the comic books were not. This is a Stan Lee comic book and as such is very simple in terms of plot, but tries to make you buy the next comic as well as developping the caracters within an action format. Although I haven't seen #2 yet the first one was exactly what I expected and I loved every minute of it, although I didn't expect a Francois Truffaut flick.
Well, perhaps you are right. Although I wasn't trying to enjoy it, I was just reveling in bashing it, hehe. But yeah, this would explain why I don't usually like horror movies either. Yeah I know I shouldn't think about it that much, but I've seen too many movies to not bitch at least a little bit.

I'm to passionate over Spider-Man anyway. I've collected since I was 3, and have WAY too much stuff in boxes. I have damn near every figure, still packaged, as well as the 70's mego style. It's sick. I stopped buying a couple years ago, because it got the point where I couldn't keep up with all the new stuff, since the market was whored out by the movie. Now here's a fanboy move, I have a Spider-Man tattoo on my back. LOL

A life long fan. I'll defend Spider-Man to the death. hahaha!