Spiffy's UK update

Originally posted by Spiff

Ooh, and while I was in London I saw the following famous places that I haven't yet mentioned:

Earl's Court (the arena type place)
Palladium (the theatre type place)
London Apollo (is this the Hammersmith Apollo, formerly the Hammersmith Odeon??)

:D Sounds like you're doing a tour of Maiden album sleeve.

Most of the people I have met from this board have been lovely - however, like Mark, I was commenting on the general population, the people you ask directions from, the people you get served by in shops etc.

And for any of you who are wondering, although us Londoners walk the streets without a smile, most are polite and if spoken to nicely will be friendly in return. :)

Dreamy, the reason people in shops talk rudely to you is because they can tell you're English and just want to make you feel like you're back in London :) It's called Australian hospitality :)

ANYWAY, back to the topic at hand...

Cardiff's nice, but not nice enough for me to want to live here, so I'm moving on. Logically I would continue moving in the direction I was heading, ie west, but seeing as it's me we're talking about I've decided to go back east to Southampton and then catch a ferry over to the Isle of Wight. Hopefully I'll stay there longer than four days, which is approximately how long I've been in Cardiff for (let's see... Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun - close enough!).

Still haven't bought any CDs yet! Bought a few books, though - "This is Spinal Tap", "The Rough Guide to England" and "Fearless Jones" by Walter Mosley. No wonder I'm almost out of the cash I got changed at the airport...

Ooh - and there's some music festival at the Isle of Wight at the beginning of June, and Robert Plant is appearing there. Can't remember who else is, though.

Not much more to report yet. Two things I meant to mention the other day but forgot:

Was flicking through the rereleased edition of the "Run to the Hills" biography and noticed that Australia was one of the countries that Maiden went to on their tour. Must have missed hearing about that one!

You know how Ozzy Osbourne has O Z Z Y tattooed on his fingers? Well, one of the bus drivers on the Isle of Wight has something similar, except that instead of O Z Z Y he has A B B A. I kid you not...

Might be time to start a new thread for my travels - I think this one has run its course...

ABBA? Europe is a strange place :D

I think Iron Maiden toured here with Iced Earth in support :)