Today I bought the album of the year...

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
The Crown - "Crowned In Terror"

I hadn't heard them before, but I've heard people rave about em and I wanted to get more than one CD, so I got this one. BRILLIANT!!

After being heartbroken by the new In Flames CD (which I purchased on Wednesday and couldn't bring myself to finish it) my faith in decent music has been restored. I didn't think there'd be a better METAL album this year than Dark Tranquillity's "Damage Done", but there is.

So, the current "Spiffy's Album of the Year Rankings" thing goes as such:

1. The Crown - "Crowned In Terror"
2. Bruce Springsteen - "The Rising"
3. Def Leppard - "X"
4. Dark Tranquillity - "Damage Done"
5. Blaze - "Tenth Dimension"

I have crowned in terror on mp3. I never really listened to it that well. I might give it another spin. Arent they another melodic death band though? Im getting really sick of melodic death now. All the bands coming out now sound the same, like most power metal :mad:

My album of the year is A Rise to Power, the new Opeth (even though I havent heard it ;) ) and the full length Bloodbath album (this is one awesome old school death metal album!!!!!!!!!) :D

Do the Crown still have the old At The Gates vocalist?

Greetings from Hat Yai! Just made it to Thailand today........

Spiff
The Crown - "Crowned In Terror"

I hadn't heard them before, but I've heard people rave about em and I wanted to get more than one CD, so I got this one. BRILLIANT!!

After being heartbroken by the new In Flames CD (which I purchased on Wednesday and couldn't bring myself to finish it) my faith in decent music has been restored. I didn't think there'd be a better METAL album this year than Dark Tranquillity's "Damage Done", but there is.

Yes, thats on of the best release this year, And I think (personally) its the best Crown dated. But I suggest you get Deathrace King or Hell Is Here asap.

And yes, new In Flames was a bit of disapointment for me too. But there is few good classic songs in it, so tyr to listen it 5-6 times so it open toi you fully, like it did to me ;)

Icarus
I have crowned in terror on mp3.

Why dont you buy your albums???

In Flames is growing on me, I must say - the songs are great up until the chorus, then they're awful, then once the chorus is over it resumes being great. Strange. :)

I too was disappointed with the new In Flames Spiff, but after nearly a month it's growing on me to the point where I like it as long as I don't listen to any of their other albums before or after listening to it.

Thank fuck finally someone on this board who appreciates the Crown for they are,the best godamn band ever, and I mean ever. Fuck anyone else, The crown kill them all.

Deathrace king is a little bit better Spiff,but not by much, they all rule,and all rock,and I'm gunna go listen to them right now again.

hurruh.

And the fact that The Crown albums are only availble through import and they are hell fuckin expensive.

well not anymore,but they were when I bought em.

I still have Hell is here in mp3 cos I can't find it anywhere