I bought some cds

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
I went to Utopia after nearly 7 weeks of not going, so I got a lot of stuff... But NO WASP dammit! It wasnt there, nor was the new Korn album..... :(

Anyway, this weeks haul is as follows :)

The Crown - Deathrace King: Fucking Koichi would make me buy a cd that cost FORTY TWO DOLLARS..... ;)
Totally crap cover as well, but apparently the cd is so violently brutal it will reach out and punch me, so thats got to be good :)

Dio - Killing The Dragon: There is noone on Earth more metal than Ronnie James Dio, from the tracks ive heard, this is his best album since Last In Line. Awesome front and back cover too, which is always good.

Skinlab - Revolting Room: Supposedly Machineheadesque numetallish heavy stuff, so I think ill enjoy it....

Last Rites - Witch Dance: I cant remember why I put this on my list, but im sure its going to be good as I wouldnt have put it on there if it wasnt. I think its Dioesque melodic metal, im not sure, ill have to give it a listen and see....

Mercenary - Everblack: See above, I dont remember why I put this on the list either, but Travis Smith (the cover artist) has outdone himself, what an awesome cover!

Blaze - Tenth Dimension: Ive had the Mp3s for the album for months but Utopia finally got around to stocking it! Crap cover, the music rocks my world though!

Annihilator - Waking The Fury: SO underrated.... CRIMINALLY underrated band, and from the tracks I have heard, this album rocks!

Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing: Numetal stuff, so most of you will absolutely hate it :)

No Return - Machinery: Obscure French thrash band, supposedly awesomely good, but ILL be the judge of that......

I also got:
A free Skinlab: Revolting room sampler with 2 tracks from the aforementioned album. How fucking lucky am I? Maybe ill buy the album if its good.. Oh wait...

A Century Media compilation cd, this is really quite good, 12 tracks for free! The best part is they gave me another track off the new Skinlab album on it. Handy that. Also got Iced Earth, Lacuna Coil, Nevermore, Strapping Young Lad and lots of others contributing. I think its very good value for free.

A Favoured Nations sampler, this is from Steve Vais label and its probably going to be all wanky guitarists showing off at how ill never be that good :) Sprucey would probably dig this, but it looks like all songs from older albums so he would have heard them all by now id say.

Anyway, I did pretty well I think.

Originally posted by spawn
The Crown - Deathrace King: Fucking Koichi would make me buy a cd that cost FORTY TWO DOLLARS..... ;)
Totally crap cover as well, but apparently the cd is so violently brutal it will reach out and punch me, so thats got to be good :)

Your an idiot as mentioned in your journal,I'm sure you could of got a local copy. Worth every cent of it but in my book.

Originally posted by spawn No Return - Machinery: Obscure French thrash band, supposedly awesomely good, but ILL be the judge of that......[/B]
I heard that as well, i been looking for that cd.

They only had the import one! :D I cant believe they wrote a song called Total Satan :lol: Better keep this one away from my Mum methinks :)

Which Century Media compilation was it? Was it one of those Identity ones? I have numbers 5 and 7 of those, not that good but they're cheap and I get to hear bands I wouldn't normally have heard.

Its called "Shattering The Barriers" and its a "Century Media Australia Compilation", I wouldnt have paid for it, but seeing as it was free, I say it rocks :D
I wish more labels would do those Identity style things, it would make it easy to check out a bunch of bands at once.

Listened to The Crown Koichi, the vocals arent as bad as I thought, I dont mind them at all :headbang:

Im just waiting for a nice ballad to come on..... :D

Also, everyone get Last Tribes album, its really great melodic metal!

:lol: Ill give it a listen sometime this weekend, I cant see myself liking it though, ill let you know :D

Well I only brought 1 CD today at JB Hi , Buckcherry- Timebomb $10 bucks excellant bargin , someone on MD recommened it . Damm good, was it you spawny .........?

Originally posted by spawn
The Crown - Deathrace King
Dio - Killing The Dragon
Skinlab - Revolting Room: Supposedly Machineheadesque numetallish heavy stuff, so I think ill enjoy it....
Blaze - Tenth Dimension
Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing
I downloaded one or two tracks from 'The Crown' months ago, and I remember liking them. I must have another listen.

How is the new Dio album overall? Definately worth getting?

Skinlab rule. I haven't heard anything off their new one yet, but their second album 'Disembody - The New Flesh' is awesome. They are probably the best nu-metal band around, and I hardly even consider them 'nu'-metal. They are so fucking brutal! The vocalist has balls down to the ground! I swear! Anyone who hasn't heard them, d/l the track, 'So Far From The Truth' RIGHT NOW!! It will rip your head off! :heh:

About time you got 'The Tenth Dimension'. Awesome album, and I like the cover, the booklet is really cool too.

I am just d/ling some tracks from 'Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing' now actually. A friend recommended them, and I was bored and curious. :)

I've heard a couple of Buckcherry songs at a mate's house. Sound damn good for modern hard rock! Whisky, women and tattoos type stuff... very Motley Crue/Guns N Roses from what I could tell from the couple of songs I heard.