I bought some cds!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
I bought some cds today, just for the hell of it.....

Overkill - Necroshine: Nice cover on this one, so I bought it, supposedly very thrasy so I think ill like it.

G/Z/R - Plastic Planet: Burton from Fear Factory sings on this, so it should be awesome, ive heard SO many things about how this is one of the heaviest albums ever made that I was expecting the cd to be too heavy to pick up, but perhaps I am stronger than I thought.....

Skinlab - Disembody The New Flesh: Someone on the MD board said this was great, their name escapes me at the moment though....

Mastodon - Remission: I remember reading a good review somewhere about this band so I bought it. Maybe it will suck though, I dont seem to agree with many people on what makes a great album, but I wasnt going to know either way unless I bought it...

Overkill - Live: Erm.. I bought this by mistake, I thought it was a greatest hits album, but its a live album. I must pay more attention.

Nailbomb - Point Blank: I thought Dino from Fear Factory played on all the tracks, but he doesnt, he only plays on track 3. Bummer.

I bought the G/Z/R album for a friend of mine for his birthday. He likes Fear Factory (Digimortal notwithstanding) so I thought it would be more his cup of tea than mine. Listen to "Give Up The Ghost" and tell me what you think of the lyrics. It's more or less Geezer sinking the boots into Tony Iommi after he quit Sabbath (again) in 1995.

G/Z/R have another album called Black Science, but this one wasn't as popular because Burton didn't sing on it. If you believe Andrew Haug, there's a third one on the way too.

In related news, Tony Iommi is set to record another solo album with Phil Whatshisname from Pantera on vocals. Don't think I'll be buying this one somehow...

W

I heard about Phil doing the vocals on Tonys new one :mad: :cry:

I just checked out the lyrics to Giving Up The Ghost, they are great! Way to rip into him Geezer :D

I was never a big fan of his vocals in the first place, but he wasnt too bad around CFH and VDOP, but now he sounds like a drunk half the time :(

Yeah but I didnt say TODAY in the thread title, I could have bought them last week, I didnt want to confuse anyone :)

Originally posted by spawn
I bought some cds today, just for the hell of it.....

Overkill - Live: Erm.. I bought this by mistake, I thought it was a greatest hits album, but its a live album. I must pay more attention.

:lol: And the title "Live" didn't give it away at all? Hahaha!

The only Overkill album I've heard is Taking Over. It kills (excuse the pun lol). The singer has an odd voice that at first you'll be like "weird..." but then you get used to it, and it rules :)

Originally posted by Spruce Goose
I notice you didnt get any Pain of Salvation cd's..

I did the other day, Remedy Lane.
It's good, albeit a little depressing in places.

YAY for Sydo!
Remedy Lane is one cool album. I love it. How good is A Trace of Blood! Man, that band has the best damn vocal melodie I have ever heard. I love em....... no, really!
You should get The Perfect Element as well. That, and Remedy Lane are my 2 favorites!

Originally posted by Goreripper
Maybe you should try another store, Spawny.

Like that's gonna happen! :D

:D Ive been to HMV and Sanity, they didnt have much there :)

Originally posted by Spruce Goose
YAY for Sydo!
Remedy Lane is one cool album. I love it. How good is A Trace of Blood!

Trace of Blood does rule - probably my favourite too. :)
Most songs are really good (especially Trace Of Blood, Ending Theme and Second Love), although Fandango annoys me.
Undertow bothers me a little too.

I was never a big fan of his vocals in the first place, but he wasnt too bad around CFH and VDOP, but now he sounds like a drunk half the time :(

thats Because he IS drunk half, if not more than half the time :D. But he did do a killer Job on the new Down album, i love it when he actually sings

He sucks on VDOP I think.

He is awesome on CFH though (Shattered!!) and on Power Metal.