Best album BOUGHT this year(different to Mariner pissy thread)

Halford - Live Insurrection. I still can't get over some of the stuff on this album, and I bought it probably 9 months ago. It still gets regular rotation in my cd player, and I just fuckin love it. One of the best albums I've ever bought. :worship:

Grave Digger - The Grave Digger. I won't bother raving about this, as I've tried to push it to you guys for months. Excellent, excellent album. :headbang:

No really - it is quite good musically.

I love the way they tack the ending to "Freebird" (Lynyrd Skynyrd) on the ending of "Take The Time".

And in James' defence on this album ... some of the worst vocal moments are actually Mike Portnoy. Like the first verse on Take The Time. And that isn't the mixing - Mike sang like that the time I saw DT play as well :(

Oh man... I have bought SOOO many albums on vinyl this year, I can't choose! There have been so many awesome ones!!!

Here are some:

Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopd
Dokken - Beast From The East
Judas Priest - Painkiller (finally found it this year!)
Leatherwolf - Street Ready
Lizzy Borden - Deal With The Devil
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
Ratt - Dancing Undercover
Ratt - Detonator
Whitesnake - 1987
Warrant - Cherry Pie (yes, I only got this one this year!)

are you always that kind against foreigners! :yow:
anyway :D
Best album I bought this year, easy one
Antimatter- Saviour

This year...probably Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Jordan Rudess - 4NYC (although i technically didnt buy it, its fantastic). Jordan Rudess - Christmas Sky (again got it for free but still amazing), Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane, Mullmuzzler - Keep it to Yourself and Mullmuzzler 2, The Jelly Jam, Eddies Archives...

hmm...thats all that sticks in my memory. Very Dream Theater themed list.

Weetbix - yeah, it's great musically, but I just can't stand the sound. Oh, and it loses points bigtime for cutting the solo from Scarred. Inconceivable!! :eek:

Portnoy's vocals sound horrid on Live Scenes too.
Dream Theater are one of those bands that often have excellent harmonies on albums, but cannot seem to pull them off live due to poor back-up vocals. Maiden is another at the moment, which is odd 'cos Adrian can sing.

petrucci can sing well, and jordan can hold a tune also.

its beyond me why they still rely on mike for live backups. John does some but its mostly on mike. on the live scenes dvd commentary mike comments on the fact that at some stages his vocals are mixed really loud, and at other times theyre left out all together.

OIALT sucks arse. Its either got to be LSFNY or LATM.

The album of the year has to go to Andromeda - II=I :headbang:

The drummer has really come of age on this one, and really shows up anything Portnoy can do. But not only is the drumming a lot better but the singer is a mix of Mike Patton, Russel Allen and Daniel Gildenlow.

And the guitarist is a pure freak!