The '08 wrap up survey!

1. What is your album of the year?
Metallica - Death Magnetic

2. Song of the year?
Opeth - Procelain Heart or Metallica - Day that never comes

3. Best album (or even a top 3 or so) that you have purchased in '08?
Watershed, Death Magnetic, Satyricon - ago of nero

4. Top 2 or 3 gigs you hit up this year?
Carcass!, Immortal

5. What was your best discovery of '08? A new band, actor, author, tv series, genre, or beverage you have become a die hard for?
beverage - Millers Chill, can only have about 2 or 3 in a row but they are pretty darn refreshing

6. Your favourite historical event of '08? Was it the first black US president, the unexpected release of Chinese Democracy, Maiden hitting our shores after 15 years and destroying all in their path!?
The status-of-forces agreement between Iraq and America leading to a withdrawl of US troops and an increase in Iraqi defense taking effect next month, effectivly awarding victory to the coalition and cementing another stone in the name of Islamic Democracy in the Middle East. An agreement without historical precendent and a fitting way to round off 8 years of a powerful and neccessary presidency

7. What do you want for Christmas?

COD World at war (got given it early) nothing else really

8. What musical aspirations do you have for '09?
committ properly to a band

9. What personal aspirations do you have for '09?
Don't fuck up uni

Testaments : formation of the Dammed

2. Song of the year?

GNR : Better.

Testament: Formation of the Dammed
Journey: Revelation
AC/DC : Black Ice

Maiden, Melb, Sydney x2 & Brisie.

Judas Priest : Sydney … and drinking 7 schnors in hour at the strawberry hills pub before the gig was happy hour

The Angles, Rose Tattoo. Selinas

Def Leppard, Cheap Trick AIS Canberra

5. What was your best discovery of '08? A new band, actor, author, tv series, genre, or beverage you have become a die hard for?

My love of classic DR Who on DVD , lemon in Carlton Dry, and metal music
And two and half men on TV.

6. Your favourite historical event of '08? Was it the first black US president, the unexpected release of Chinese Democracy, Maiden hitting our shores after 15 years and destroying all in their path!?

Seeing MAIDEN and being in the front row with somebody special to me… that’s you Sanj

Nothing much just want my kids and family and friends to be happy…

Learn another Riff on my BASS lol

Be successful at work, and think about life and things a bit more …

Save for WACKEN 2010…

Actually, I'll say that my best discovery of the year would be Electric Mary. Saw them open for Judas Priest and they were awesome and got their available albums off of iTunes that week.

Jack Jones from Southern Sons is one of the guitarists. Can't say I ever wondered what happened to him.

Blaze Bayley - The Man That Would Not Die

2. Song of the year?

Blaze Bayley - Blackmailer.

Blaze
also Mind's Eye - A Gentleman's Hurricane which was released last year but i got this year.

Joisus so many. In fact i MISSED gigs that would have been the highlight of any other year.

Maiden, Priest, Dream Theater, Nightwish, uhh.. was Coheed & Cambria this year?

actually i teared up a bit at the end of Dream Theater lol

music: Angra (been around for ages but i only just got into them)
other: MRI Black Powder.

Maiden tour.

correct penalty rates for my entire shift on xmas day as required by the Award!

None. Well... i should resolve to buy a few more albums. Lots of stuff comes out that I know i'd like but i'm sorta content to drag out something old and rediscover that instead.

finish my personal trainer course and get some work in that field on the side. get a promotion at my regular job as well. and stay in awesome shape.