I finally got Live After Death

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
I bought some stuff! Huzzah!

I got:
Iron Maiden: Live After Death - It better be as good as everyone says, Ive got it on vinyl, but I havent listened to it, I just bought the vinyl version because the cover and packaging is cool. But it is Iron Maiden, so of course it will be good.

Rhapsody: Power Of The Dragonflame - I hate this band, honestly, they are so stupid, but this is the special DVD/CD one with a 32 page booklet and everything and they have such cool artwork with their cds I bought it. I might give the cd a listen, but I dont expect to like it at all. Anyway, godly art for the cover and interior. It just rocks.

Andi Deris: Come In From The Rain - Supposedly fantastic, I guess ill find out when I listen.... Good old Andy, he would be about the only Helloween member left now that they fired everyone!

Andrew W.K.:I Get Wet - I deliberately avoided this album since it came out because it was getting such a big push from the record companies I figured it HAD to be shit, but then I heard the first single, and my god, I feel like its 1989 again, pure RAWK!! Gotta love it!

Seven Witches: Xiled To Infinity And One - Is that the dumbest album name ever? Anyway, supposedly good solid heavy metal, never heard it, so it might be crap, I hope not though. Has a cool cover with a vampire on it, so it gets extra marks already.

You just got Live After Death...? Pfff, now you might understand how much better it is without Gers. By the way, it was recorded in left and right stage stereo - meaning, if you turn the balance to your left and right speakers, you can hear Murray and Smith playing their individual parts. Hallowed Be Thy Name and Flight of Icarus has never sounded better.

Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands is fucking epic. 100 piece orchestras and Russian choirs - just unbelievable productions, and a huge dose of CHEEESE! Brilliant.

I just put the Seven Witches one in, its cool, but the first words are "We are taking back the metal". From who? How silly.
Sounds really good so far though, like Judas Priest crossed with early Metallica.

Yeah Ive got every other Maiden cd except LAD, and the first 2, I was going to wait until the reissues to get them, but then I thought, why should I be allowed to do that when everyone else has to pay again? Im showing solidarity. :D

I love Rhapsody. At lest they don't bother pretending they're not cheese, unlike a certain other band that continually sings of dragon, dwarfs and other silly creatures.

Correction - I don't really care for their music, but their image is fun. I like that. :D

Their album covers are the coolest, thats all that matters :D

I like the storyline thingy they have through each album as well, high concept art I say ;)

LAD kicks arse, almost as good as our offerings at the UM Store :p (get in quick for cheap postage before it all starts being sent via the UK ;))

I was about to put a new thread up about LAD, but Spawny kinda beat me to it...

Anyways, I won a copy of "Live After Death" and a copy of "No Prayer For The Dying" in some competition the other day, and they are the same versions as the ones I already have, so if anyone would be interested in buying them, PM me, or send me an email to stonedead666@hotmail.com :)

They are the 2nd re-masters versions, the ones with the enhanced video clips on them. :)

Hey, the Rhapsody cd isnt half bad so far...... For totally wimpy/cheesy/totallysofarwayoverthetop metal :)
Not too bad at all....
Also, I listened to a few tracks on LAD, tis great, especially 2 minutes to midnight :D
May I also add that the Andrew W.K. cd is the greatest air guitar album ever?

And about bloody time! Call yourself a soldier? Those boots are filthy! :).

LAD is the second greatest live album ever (after KISS Alive), and is the best intro to Maiden that a newbie, which I was when I first heard it, could ever ask for.

W

You still havn't purchased Lost Horizon Awakening The World I see? I suggest you should. :)

On the horizon somewhere. Apparently. I cant say for sure seeing as I have never seen it.

*Boom Tish*