My Live After Death review

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
I agree, silly banter is part of what makes a live album great, and adds to the atmosphere. One thing that can ruin a live album for me is when all the talking between songs is eliminated and only the songs are left. Theres gotta be some interaction with the crowd!

Agreed :headbang:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of it. Short and sweet is the way to go imo. :)
Those little saying on Live After Death have been imortalised;
"And the moral of this story is what not to do if a bird shits on you."

"Here's a song from the Piece Of Mind album, this song is called THE TROOPER!!!!"

"Here's a song, written about religion, or about washing your car. Actually it's about opening a pair of curtains. REVELATIONS this one."

Now that shit rules!! :headbang: :headbang:

But the poetry reading on Scream.. annoys me.

"We're gonna do one off of Accident Of Birth for ya, this is um off of that record, this is, the road to hell is full of good INTENTIONS!"

:lol:

Scream For Me Brazil rules so much :)

I think matt barlow takes the prize for stupiest banters

"This song is about 2 lost souls who were together in death because they could not be together in life....This happened in the last month!..This ones called last december"

This happened in the last month? heheh that always brings a smile to my face when Im listening

"now lets go for a walk in the desert and watch the rain come falling down...this ones called desert rain"

hehehe that ones just funny :)

Anybody.. anybody come here tonight looking for a little bit of......... ;)

Warrant at the start of "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinken Rich" on their '89 live video:

"This one is about something you can't live without... and I ain't talkin about loooooooove...
*Grabs crotch and wobbles legs*
... I said I ain't talkin' about loooooooove....
*Grabs crotch and wobbles again*
.... what I'm talkin about is if you sleep with the right people, some day you'll be DIRTY ROTTEN FILTHY STINKEN RICH!"

Hahaha!

"This is what we believe in, I KNOW its what you believe in, it aint bullshit when you say, rock and roll all night, party every day!" Paul Stanley

"We've gone through hell together, felt pretty fuckin good didnt it?" Matt Barlow

"Ok, now we are going to be really lame and walk off stage and pretend we arent coming back" Warrel Dane before the encore

"If you are gonna come up on stage, jump back in so I can sing my shit ok?" Sebastian Bach

"The song "get the fuck out" CANNOT be included in the set. They said they were gonna stop the show because they dont like the word FUCK and you're not allowed to hear it!" Sebastian Bach

"Cameraman, give me the paper..... Cameraman GIVE ME THE PAPER!" Sebastian in Japan
"He cant understand you" Snake (I think)
"Yeah I know hehe" Sebastian

"Do you like your rock HARD?" Sebastian

"ERIC CARR ON THE DRUMS!

Y'know, there's a lot of people, actually I should say there's a lot of girls, who feel like they wanna take Eric home and "mother" him.
I tell ya, he may look like a little boy, but he's built like a MAN."

(Eric nearly falls off his stool laughing)

"He's gonna sing a little number for you now. This one's called Young And Wasted."

(Paul Stanley, Detroit: December 1984)

Don't ask me why Eric was singing Young and Wasted. That's a Gene song! :confused:

W

From the master of stage banter, the late, great Freddie Mercury:

"There's a lot of rumours going around about a certain band called Queen, and the rumours are that we're gonna split up. What do you think?"

(Crowd boos and hisses madly)

"I must tell you, I keep wanting to leave but they won't let me.
Anyway, we're not bad for four aging Queens are we?"

W

:lol:

Ace: "This one is off Dynasty, oh wait, its actually off Destryoer... Well its off a kiss album"
(Cant remember the exact albums, but you get the gist of it :) )

"My guitar's only 3 years old and it's smoking" - Ace last year haha.

And of course it was funny when Gene seriously got pissed off with Ace during the medly in the encore coz Ace kept interrupting him, then Gene goes "So what does the Ace Frehley band wanna do next?" in a very sarcastic tone hehe.

This thread is from 2001 and 18 years later I'm here to say Live After Death is still the greatest live album of all time IMHO...
As it spins around on my turntable, I'm taken back to the 80's when this band completely captivated my soul.

Now Playing:
Iron Maiden - Live After Death (Picture Disc)
LP 1 - Side 2 - Number of the Beast

"Its number is six hundred and sixty six"