Album of the Year

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
My candidates so far are:

Grave Digger - The Grave Digger (fucking incredible, and I'm still not sick of it, but no-one will listen to me...)

I listened, I downloaded, I liked, I told my friend, he downloaded more, he loved.

:)

Originally posted by The Trooper
Was John Norum the guitarist on Don Dokken's 1990 solo album?

Yes he was. He was also the guitarist on Long Way Home (the new one), but only played a handful of shows on the tour before "injuring his hand".

ahh 2002 releases, i can't think of any (memory prob's :(), but one i got not so long back is Killswitch Engage-Alive...., oh and here we go the cogs are moving :lol:, Mushroomhead's XX is fucking good too, ahh what else hmmm.....Red Hot Chili Peppers-By the Way, sure its not metal but fuck me its good :D, and thats all i cant think of im sure there is loads more though

I'm torn between;
BLAZE - The Tenth Dimension and
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane.

I got sick of the new WASP in a few weeks, and Dream Theater is largely a wank. I havn't heard anything positive about Halford. Rush blows goats. Dokken - see above bitch. Only Trent likes Poison.

Dio has spent a lot longer in my player than I expected after the first listen. There are quite a few quality songs on it. :)
Black Label Society rules.

I listened to my friends copy once through. Although it sounded ok, there was nothing that grabbed me as being outstanding. :(

SYDO YOU FREAKIN GENIOUS!

Album of the year...... Album of the past 10 years has to be:

Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane

This album is absolutley unbeilevable. Daniel Gildenlow is the man! I have had this album for many months now, and I still listen to it, and pick up new things all the time. I never get sick of this album. I had it playing non stop for about 5 hours one day. It is so emotional, complex, moving, brilliant, and bloody fuckin great!!

I like it alot better than Six Degrees, and Dream Theater are my fave band! Pain of Salvation are creeping up on em!

You get Remedy Lane yet Spawno?

I cant, I havent been to Utopia since my holidays started, im going next week though :D

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
My candidates so far are:

Grave Digger - The Grave Digger (fucking incredible, and I'm still not sick of it, but no-one will listen to me...)

What style do they play?

Originally posted by The Trooper
VVI is very imaginative and not generic though... :) It's in a class way above alot of the other stuff!

I have to agree here. Its probably the best glam I have ever heard :)

Its waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better than all that crappy generic power and melodic death metal! :D

I dont think I have even bought an album from this year but I will say Dungeon even though I have only heard the samples! Hopefully some store will have it on my trip to uni today :D

Originally posted by Winmar
What style do they play?
Heavy power metal, with AWESOME vocals. I don't know if its the dudes German accent, or just his style, but he has the coolest voice! I recommed d/ling 'Scythe Of Time', 'Spirits of the Dead', and 'The Grave Digger' for a sample if your interested. The ballad on the album, 'Silence', is also awesome! :headbang:

**walks off realising no-one is listening...**

Oh they're listening. They're always listening. Even when you're not talking, they'll be listening to your every word. You cannot escape their listening powers.