Album of the Year

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
So far my two leading candidates for Album Of The Year are Def Leppard's "X" and Dark Tranquillity's "Damage Done". What are YOUR leading candidates for Album Of The Year?

Tom Waits - Bloodmoney.
and ummm...let's see...I think Dungeon - A Rise To Power is the only other album I've got from this year. And Elvis Costello - When I Was Cruel.

First idiot to mention A Night At The Opera will get their email spammed..

Annihilator: Waking The Fury

Black Label Society: 1919 Eternal

Sinergy: Suicide By My Side

:headbang:

I haven't bought any 2002 releases yet (gettin' Dungeon on fri/sat though)! But from ones I've heard all or some of, these sound great so far....

Dungeon - A Rise To Power
King Diamond - Abigail II: The Revenge
Poison - Hollyweird
Dio - Killing The Dragon
Dream Evil - Dragon Slayer

:headbang:

New Manowar is crap..... the heavy songs rule, but there are about 6-7 tracks in a row that are ballads or symphonic instrumental type things. Manowar should stick to anthems coz its all they are good at writing in my opinion. (Great at writing them)

New Def Leppard and Dokken also sound terrible from the little I've heard but I can't make a justified comment because I haven't heard enough.

New W.A.S.P. should be good I think but I've only heard 2 tracks. My Wicked Heart sounded awesome, the other a little tired but still typical rockin' W.A.S.P...

Hmm.... Dio really isnt too bad, I dont know if id put it as album of the year, but its quite freaking good :D

Originally posted by The Trooper
New Def Leppard and Dokken also sound terrible from the little I've heard but I can't make a justified comment because I haven't heard enough

:mad: Buy the Def Leppard album, for crying out loud! :mad:

Poison's album is a tired piece of nostalgia-driven shite! Except for CC's songs, which have a punkish flavour (in a Blink 182 vein) that rocks!

New Dokken isn't too bad. But there's only 2 real rockers (Magic Road, Under The Gun) and a couple of other mid paced ones (Sunless Days..)

Actually, it's pretty bad come to think of it.

CC's songs suck I think!

I reckon the new Poison is much much better than Crack A Smile and Native Tongue.

Sydo, yeah I heard some of the new Dokken in Metal Mayhem and it really was awful I think...

Originally posted by The Trooper

Sydo, yeah I heard some of the new Dokken in Metal Mayhem and it really was awful I think...

For the record, John Norum isn't in the band anymore. They've replaced him Alex DeRosso, an unknown who can barely speak english. (I have no idea if he can play or not)

Mark my words, the Lynch/Pilson project, Reb Beach's solo album, and the thing John Norum says he is working on at the moment will all be better than the new Dokken.
Don is really being a dick..

My candidates so far are:

Grave Digger - The Grave Digger (fucking incredible, and I'm still not sick of it, but no-one will listen to me...)
Dungeon - A Rise To Power (only had it for a week and it hasn't left the cd player, and I haven't even gotten right into it yet!)
Blaze - The 10th Dimension (one of my fav bands with an excellent follow up to a mind blowing debut)

and possibly Sinergy - Suicide By My Side once I actually get the damn thing!