Spinning Maze

AlexisWood

New Metal Member
Hey guys!! Here's the thread where I intend to post very frequent updates about the Spinning Maze production process. It's also the place where you can ask me (or us) any question about the album itself, the production, the songs (maybe... ;) and anything you want!

As of December 9th, Felipe Machado is working on the artwork which should be finished before Christmas! I can tell you it's gonna kick some serious butts! I'm also finishing redoing (yes, once again...) the god damn rhythm guitar parts. I'm getting a bit sick with tightness and all but I think it'll pay off in satisfaction at the end.

I intend to have all the guitars finished before going back to work after the holiday break, except the solos which will come at the end, after the vocals. You guys will start thinking we either have a curse or something, but the acoustic guitars also need to be re-recorded. The reason might not be something that I should say but I'll do it anyway! The thing is that we had rent a pair of Neumann U87 (microphones worth about 4 grand) and believe or not, the result sounds very lo-fi... Really there was nothing I could do to make it sound right and I get better results with a simple plugged-in acoustic guitar and/or with my much cheaper microphone. Shouldn't be much of a hassle to re-record though!

So that's about it for now! Stay tuned and give us some feedback and questions!

-Alexis

Hmm, there's no bass video!! The guitars have actually been re-recorded since those videos. When I'm recording alone it's difficult to film at the same time... Well not so much, but going through the countless hours of footage afterwards is!! Same goes with vocals... I haven't started working on the vocals AT ALL though! It's something I don't plan and I think I'd cringe if I was to watch that hahahaha! I might post a video of the choir recordings though!! Not for now... I'm gonna edit the guitars and record the lead parts / acoustic guitars next!

I actually made them private for a while because it sort of bothered me to have studio reports available so long before the release date... of course things have slowed down a lot since the beginning. For instance the rhythm and acoustic guitars have been re-recorded since those videos and no newer videos were made. However I could make the studio reports available here on the forum for a 'smaller' part of our fans if you will!

I'll post a thread right now with those!