Spiral Architect live 1. October 2010

Spiral Architect is playing 3 songs live 1. October at John Dee, Oslo, Norway. First live appearance in 9 years!

Other bands playing:
SYSTEM:OBSCURE - RUSSIAN AMCAR CLUB - SCHWEINHUND - KARAOKE FROM HELL

18 years age limit. NOK 175,- Doors open 21.00 (9PM).

We do NOT have plans for any other live appearances!

Spiral Architect is playing 3 songs live 1. October at John Dee, Oslo, Norway. First live appearance in 9 years!

Other bands playing:
SYSTEM:OBSCURE - RUSSIAN AMCAR CLUB - SCHWEINHUND - KARAOKE FROM HELL

18 years age limit. NOK 175,- Doors open 21.00 (9PM).

We do NOT have plans for any other live appearances!

Will the set be recorded and uploaded somewhere for those of us who can't make it to Norway????:devil:

hmmm.... i don't know if i can swing plans for norway in two weeks. will they be recorded and uploaded ('cause that would kick ass and we'd all love you for it!) and i guess the BIG 1 billion kroner question is: ARE THESE THREE NEW SONGS BEING PLAYED?!!!

Rehearsed all weekend. Sounding good.

Heard some new stuff too. Oh boy, the next album will be totally insane!

That sounds great :).

I know I'm off-topic a bit, but can you record some video footage of the rehearsals? I think lots of SA fans will be very intereseted in this kind of thing :).

What is the reason that you are playing together again? Don't get me wrong, i've seen you live at progpower and you guys are amazing but just curious about the reason :)

Steinar Gundersen and Svein Solberg (sound tech for Satyricon, Sarke and others) have a joint birthdayparty and they wanted to play with some of their bands. Steinar has Spiral Architect and System: Obscure, Svein has Schweinhund and Russian Amcarclub.

how does one get into contact with Steiner for a little session work? I would be honored if he would be willing to contribute a guest solo to a record i'm recording. it would fit nicely i'm sure. the newer material (not yet posted) has its hints of SA influence. actually, a track on the myspace (premeditated humanicide) bears some resemblance. well, do be in touch.
thanks

yeah... i'm pretty sure they are doing something. just not spiral architect! ha!

Is it better to have heard an amazing record which raises the bar and never hear another again? or is it better that the record was never made?

you'll go through various stages of SA withdrawal, ElephantTalk.
it starts with excitement, followed by yearning, anger, sadness, until you find a happy equilibrium of drunkenness and impatience.

find some other music to divert your attention in the meantime. i've been filling the void with the new Kamelot and Flotsam & Jetsam discs, a lot of David Bowie, some Dave Holland and Fair to Midland. Fair to Midland's vocal melody's on Fables from a Mayfly are just outstanding. i love musical technicality but a great voice in combination with great melodies give me the goosebumps when listening to music.

but on a more thread-related note, happy birthday wishes to Steinar! wish i could be there to celebrate with you guys. i'll raise a glass to you from across the pond.

So did you record the live songs?
It would be awesome to hear them! Or even a rehearsal?
I wish i could have been there in Oslo. But as i live in Belgium, the trip is a bit too far for me!

But anyway, i'm glad that you guys are still working on the new album!