Spiral Architect-Some crazy shit!

He's one of the best, Wendy. Well, jimbob, thought you were interested? Hit me up, foo'.

J

Originally posted by Trapped

Who? Spiral Architect??

Uh... sorry to shoot you down, cheif. But Lars Norberg is their bassist......!

Where did you get the 'midi bass' idea from?

(....and if you were talking about Watchtower, it was Doug Keyser on bass.......)

i mean the bass tone sounds like midi, no low end at all...

sounds like old mega man on the nintendo...

Well, J, I think I changed my mind. I'd rather not hear dirt about Ron. I've emailed him before and he seems like a really cool guy. Maybe he takes forever to get stuff done, but when it's done, it's damn amazing. I'm guessing David Penna is the drummer that backed out and I see you list NY and TX as your location (Penna is from NY and Jarzombek is from TX), so I would assume you are friends with one or the other and do really have some "inside" knowledge, but I've decided that I really don't need to know. As much as I am curious, I think some things are better left between the people involved. Thanks, though.

Later.

P.S. For those who like Spiral Architect, check out Andromeda. Almost as technically awesome and much more approachable. (they might have been mentioned, but I can't remember)

Psychotic Waltz is a great influence for SA.
Along with Watchtower!

If you haven't already go for them.

(they have disbanded tho :cry: )

Andromeda kicks ass, theirs was my favorite debut of 2001, but the two bands are completely different, they are more traditional prog metal sounding (i.e. lots of guitar and keyboard solos...) I know quite a few people who think SA ripped Watchtower off...I know they're a clear influence, but fuck them!

What about Psychotic Waltz dude? Haven't u heard of them? The Haegeland dude sings just like Buddy Lackey!

Watchtower are their main influence for sure! With PW! I wish more rip offs like SA were released! I love those rip offs.