Spirit of the Season: Xmas Thread

I fucking hate Aussie Xmas for this exact reason lmao. Though I'll admit playing cricket at the beach or park with some beers and BBQ food is a cool tradition that I do enjoy, but at the same time I don't know anything but that so...

Snow probably sucks balls to deal with but it would be cool to have a cold Xmas for once.
I guess it's easy for me to say I like summer when I've never experienced any temperatures over 38°C. That was early autumn in Japan with 100% humidity. I couldn't avoid scratching my eczema and my skin shed in white blobs, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Annoyingly, it's been getting more common for my apartment in Auckland to exceed 30° and bring on the sweat. I've never actually spent an Xmas in Auckland despite living there for over 11 years. Next year might be the year, but I'll sure as hell need to get an air conditioner. Meanwhile I'm in Wellington where it's barely t-shirt weather for me and maybe not at all yet for normal people.

I haven't done much in the spirit of the season yet, although I did some baking for the first time in forever and made a flatbread. The 2nd attempt came out alright:

0T3CSEP.jpg

I guess it's easy for me to say I like summer when I've never experienced any temperatures over 38°C. That was early autumn in Japan with 100% humidity. I couldn't avoid scratching my eczema and my skin shed in white blobs, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Annoyingly, it's been getting more common for my apartment in Auckland to exceed 30° and bring on the sweat. I've never actually spent an Xmas in Auckland despite living there for over 11 years. Next year might be the year, but I'll sure as hell need to get an air conditioner. Meanwhile I'm in Wellington where it's barely t-shirt weather for me and maybe not at all yet for normal people.

Christmas Day here is predicted to be 38°C and cloudy (so, muggy af) but that's better than last Christmas which was like 40+ or something. Other than spending the afternoon with close family, I'm planning to just blast the airconditioning and go full hermit-mode with some movies. Playing catch up and relaxing. Fuck doing anything else this year tbh.

We had 42 on Friday and 38 last Tuesday with Thursday being down to fucking 22. It's stupidly erratic at the moment and what started out as a prediction of 24 for Christmas day is up to 30 now so I'm just figuring that it's going to be somewhere between 20 and 40 and be done with it.

Reactions: CiG
A different part of the light display on my brother's house has been on the news every day this week. He started doing it 20 years ago when his kids were young and now days he goes right over the top. He raised more than $3k for the Fire services from walk up donations last year.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Pretty sure I won Xmas in my house, got the wife one of those fancy mixer machines with all the bells and whistles and let her open it today so she could use it for all the Xmas food making. She's ecstatic.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals. I’ve had a great one with my family so far. One of my goons at work bought me a bottle of Four Roses single barrel for Christmas too.