Spiritual Beggars...

Love Spiritual Beggars. Have a number of discs but not the new one. Gotta hear how Apollo sounds with them.

Hoping to get this on vinyl. I like Apollo in Firewind and I like SB's music but I definitely am not sure how these two elements will fit together - but I'm happy to give one album a shot.

I like Apollo and JB...but Spiritual Beggars will always be about Spice with me. I have been following them from the beginning...love their vibe so I will defintiely check out the new disc nonetheless.

I downloaded this last night from Amazon for $5.00, since I think Apollo's voice is great. I'm looking forward to spinning this, because judging from the samples it sounds like it will kick some ass! I thought it was pretty cool that they have a Uriah Heep cover as well.

~Brian~

their OG singer ruled. The one who is now in the Swedish band Kaiser. However, I think Apollo is an awful singer and he ruined the new one (as well as Firewind) with his thick accent and lack of balls/emotion in his voice.

their OG singer ruled. The one who is now in the Swedish band Kaiser. However, I think Apollo is an awful singer and he ruined the new one (as well as Firewind) with his thick accent and lack of balls/emotion in his voice.

hahahahaha funny..... You are so off ( as usual )....

Spice ( Kryddan ) can barely speak English. :tickled:, and the balls were hidden behind a thick curtain of weed smoke.

I don't get what you're trying to say whatsoever. Accent =/= actually knowing how to speak English. There are a ton of European bands whose lyrics are retarded attempts at the language, but they don't have thick accents. Apollo's thick Greek accent just kills the whole thing for me, regardless of the *content* of what he's saying. Sakis from Rotting Christ also has a horribly thick Greek accent, but at least through his screams, it's a bit harder (at least for me) to discern it. Additionally, some of the most vicious and ferocious bands ever conceived are massive potheads. In fact, I have no idea how you can be in a band like Spiritual Beggars and NOT be a pothead. It's called STONER metal for a reason. Maybe that's Apollo's problem!

But yeah, I love how my opinion is "off."

I don't get what you're trying to say whatsoever. Accent =/= actually knowing how to speak English. There are a ton of European bands whose lyrics are retarded attempts at the language, but they don't have thick accents. Apollo's thick Greek accent just kills the whole thing for me, regardless of the *content* of what he's saying. Sakis from Rotting Christ also has a horribly thick Greek accent, but at least through his screams, it's a bit harder (at least for me) to discern it. Additionally, some of the most vicious and ferocious bands ever conceived are massive potheads. In fact, I have no idea how you can be in a band like Spiritual Beggars and NOT be a pothead. It's called STONER metal for a reason. Maybe that's Apollo's problem!

But yeah, I love how my opinion is "off."

The "stoner" label vanished with Spice mate... Time to listen to the bands you review and just not read about them.

Enough of this from me. If you prefer Kryddan, fine. I like his vox as well, but more so now than with SB.

The "stoner" label vanished with Spice mate...

Mine is that they still have stoney riffs here and there these days even though their older albums were much more in that vain but obviously that is really the era of the band that I care about the most and I dislike alot of the post-Spice stuff (and ESPECIALLY this new album). Just because you are a fanboy doesn't make your opinions science though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
However, I think Apollo is an awful singer and he ruined the new one (as well as Firewind) with his thick accent and lack of balls/emotion in his voice.

LOL. Man, we surely don't hear the same guy. Apollo lacks balls and emotion? Come on... I still say that the guy is one of the best singers in the metal field now. And even more since I saw him live with Firewind a couple months ago. Instead of ruining the bands he comes in, he makes them even better IMO.