Spitleak (former Dogeyegod)

Windom Pearl

HUGGY!!!!
May 31, 2001
Tampere, Finland
www.farmakonband.com
Hello. This might be a safe time to announce a new band, DogeYegod, in which I'm doing bass and vocals.

I'm really happy about the line-up! The other guys in the band have a long history in the finnish metal scene, Janne Tolonen and Joonas Kauppinen were the soul of Misery Inc, and Harri Hytönen is known of the bands Gandalf and The Scourger.

There are two demo songs online, notice however that I'm not on them. You'll probably get the idea anyway! Also check out the live dates and show up if you can!

Hello, I'd like to know if Spitleak is still active.

They published the latest news in summer and didn't log into their myspace account since November. I'm a bit worried about it, because I really like their music.

Thanks in advance for your answer Windom Pearl.

We went to "hiatus" of undefined length last september. I assumed that ment breaking up, so I haven't given the thing much thought since. Later I heard that the main songwriter sold his guitar equimpent, which pretty much means the band is not coming back. And even if it is, I don't think I will be involved.

If you liked the style I recommend Random End by Janne's and Jonttu's previous band Misery Inc.

Thanks for the reply and the recommendation. Actually I knew Misery Inc. first and found Spitleak while I was looking for an alternative to this band (after they disbanned in 2008).

I think its bad that you've gone to "hiatus" or split-up, but I had to expect something like this.

Now I have to come up with a bold question: What do you think about the idea of putting the songs which you have recorded so far out as a free download (on some music site like last.fm or mikseri.net or somewhere else)? I ask because it's not likely that you're going to release any album now and I'd like to be able to listen to your music everywhere (not only when I sit on a computer and check out your myspace profile). I guess that I'm not the only person who would download those songs.

If you dislike the idea then just forget about it - it's your music and it's not my business if you put it out or if you do not.
But if you like it, would you contact the other band members and ask them if they would agree in this topic?
Sorry for this bold question.

I'll PM you the songs. I don't want to go as far as releasing them in public, although I don't think anyone in the band would care. But I'd feel awkward starting to ask their permissions for releasing them. Since the split it's been pretty much full radio silence.

Hey, it's me again.

I've once asked Spitleak on MySpace what guitar tunings were used and got to know they were C# Standard and Dropped B tuning (for other songs). I don't know how you handle that tuning stuff on your bass - if you switch between tunings, too or use Dropped B all the time or handle that stuff differently.

Anyway could you try to tell me which songs were played in which guitar tuning? That would be kind. Thanks in advance.

Balance Point is in C# and Splitsong is in dropB. I never got around to play the five new songs, so I have no idea :ill:

Live I played a 4 string bass so I kept it in C# and changed the tuning when needed. I guess a 5 string bass would've solved the tune problem, but I couldn't afford a decent one.

Okay, thanks Marko. I guess you were more of a live bassist but a fulltime singer in this band. Am I right?

It's likely that Janne recorded the bass himself, isn't it? (I recall that he was the bassist for Kill The Romance till they found someone else)

Yea, I've never recorded bass for any of the songs. When we gigged as Dogeyegod for a while and I played live bass and did all live vocals. However there are no recordings of that era. There were some Dogeyegod demos though, some of which were sung by Mikko Herranen and some by Jani Hytönen. These are probably gone. When Henri joined in we changed the name to Spitleak and all the songs released under that name are sung by us together, and basses on them are by Janne.

So it's just this simple :D.

I hope that I don't annoy you with my questions and that you won't be pissed off if I ask you to correct lyrics I've tried to figure out by ear :lol:. Some sentences are missing because I wasn't able to understand the growling or Mikko's high shouts :).

Here we go with "A balance point":
My face is turning grey. All the life sucked away. The balance point can't be found, my whole life comes crashing down.
Here I go again. Fill the cycle, ______ the end. A balance point can't be found, my whole life comes crashing down.

Deep, deep, deep, deeper still. This hollow point I have to fill.

I fall and learn, (I fall and learn). I fall and learn, (I fall and learn). No and finally no, I can't go back. I can't return.
I fall and learn, (I fall and learn). I fall and learn, (I fall and learn). No and finally no, I can't go back. I can't return.

All the wounds still remain. The story stays the same. The balance point can't be found, my whole life comes crashing down.
The cycle sure begins again. A balance point can't be found, my whole life comes crashing down.

Digging deeper, (comes crashing down), digging deeper.

I can't return.

Digging deeper, still haven't found. My whole life is crashing down. (This hollow point I have to fill, this hollow point I have to fill).
Digging deeper, still haven't found. My whole life is crashing down. (This hollow point I have to fill, this hollow point I have to fill).

I can't return. I can't return. I fall and learn. I can't return. I fall and learn. I fall and learn. I can't return. I can't return.

Splitsong:
Come on!

Feels like I've found myself in heaven but I don't feel a thing. And I can't find my way back down. Feels like I'm gone in this hole and I'm here alone but I stand right next to you.

Rip out the wings of the butterfly and let me suffer alone. Rip out the wings of the butterfly and

Hurting myself just to see I'm alive but for what? To see you go away again? I've made a fool of myself again. I've made a fool of myself again!

Feels like I've lost something but I don't know and can't figure out what it is. Feels like I'm gone in this hole and I'm here alone but I stand right next to you.

Hurting myself just to see I'm alive but for what? To see you go away again? I've made a fool of myself again. I've made a fool of myself.
Bearing this cross just to see that I can but for what? To see you go away again? I've made a fool of myself again. I've made a fool of myself again!

I've knocked against the wall and swear I'll go away. I've knocked against the wall. I'll swear walk away.

Hurting myself just to see I'm alive but for what? To see you go away again? I've made a fool of myself again. I've made a fool of myself.
Bearing this cross just to see that I can but for what? To see you go away again? I've made a fool of myself again. I've made a fool of myself again!

I've knocked against the wall and swear I'll go away. I've knocked against the wall. I'll swear walk away.

One Last Breath:
Wait cause you take it all. You're not my friend.

Can't you see it coming? Can't you hear it crawling? The ache inside your head. You'd be better of dead.

You have done it on your own. You have done it all alone. This one does save you. Where ever you may roam.
your disguise. no advice.

One last breath. One last breath before you go. With all we've seen - one last dream. The weight on your shoulders has stepped to blind. Don't be afraid of what you might find.

I can't believe it's happening to me. No need to argue, no need to be sorry.

Can't you see it coming? Can't you hear it crawling? The ache inside your head. You'd be better of dead.

You have done it on your own. This one does save you. Where ever you may roam.

One last breath. One last breath before you go. With all we've seen - one last dream. The weight on your shoulders has stepped to blind. Don't be afraid of what you might find. One last breath. One last breath.

Hmm, let's see. It's been a while and I've never had the lyrics anywhere :guh:

My face is turning grey. All the life sucked away. The balance point can't be found, my whole life comes crashing down.
Here I go again. Fillty cycle with filthy end. A balance point can't be found, my whole life comes crashing down.

Digging in deeper still. This hollow point I have to fill.

I thought I'd learn, (I thought I'd learn). I thought I'd learn, (I thought I'd learn). Now I finally know, I can't go back. I can't return.
I thought I'd learn, (I thought I'd learn). I thought I'd learn, (I thought I'd learn) Now I finally know, I can't go back. I can't return.

All the wounds still remain. The story stays the same. The balance point can't be found, my whole life comes crashing down.
Great search of holy vain. The cycle soon begins again. A balance point can't be found, my whole life comes crashing down.

Digging in deeper, (comes crashing down), digging in deeper.

I thought I'd learn, (I thought I'd learn). I thought I'd learn, (I thought I'd learn). Now I finally know, I can't go back. I can't return.
I thought I'd learn, (I thought I'd learn). I thought I'd learn, (I thought I'd learn) Now I finally know, I can't go back. I can't return.
I can't return.

Digging in deeper, still haven't found. My whole life is crashing down. (This hollow point I have to fill, this hollow point I have to fill. With my own will I have to kill.).
Digging in deeper, still haven't found. My whole life is crashing down. (This hollow point I have to fill, this hollow point I have to fill. With my own will I have to kill).

I can't return. I can't return. I thought I'd learn. I can't return. I thought I'd learn. I thought I'd learn. I can't return. I can't return.

Come on!

Feels like I'm in seventh heaven but I don't feel a thing. And I can't find my way back down. Feels like I'm in deepest hole and I'm here alone but I stand right next to you.

Rip out the wings of the butterfly and let me suffer alone. Rip out the wings of the butterfly, don't save a single bone

Hurting myself just to see I'm alive but for what? To see you go away again? I've made a fool of myself again. I've made a fool of myself again!

Feels like I'm in middle of something but I don't know and can't figure out what it is. Feels like I'm in deepest hole and I'm here alone but I stand right next to you.

Hurting myself just to see I'm alive but for what? To see you go away again? I've made a fool of myself again. I've made a fool of myself (again).

My back's against the wall. I swear I'll go away. My back's against the walll. I'll swear walk away.

Hurting myself just to see I'm alive but for what? To see you go away again? I've made a fool of myself again. I've made a fool of myself (again).

My back's against the wall. I swear I'll go away. My back's against the walll. I'll swear walk away.

One step further you dug your grave
Two steps back come out and play
Wait - you should take it all
Could luck my friend, we can't stop your fall

You have done it on your own. You have done it all alone.
This one goes to you. Where ever you may roam.

Looking good wearing your disguise.
Feeling strong need no advice.

(One last breath). One last breath before you go. Without being seen - one last dream. The weight on your shoulders has kept you blind. Don't be afraid of what you might find.

One step further I'm here with you
I dug my grave you dug it too
I can't believe it's happening to me.
No need to argue, no need to be sorry.

You have done it all alone. This one goes to you. Where ever you may roam.

(One last breath.) One last breath before you go. Without being seen - one last dream. The weight on your shoulders has kept you blind. Don't be afraid of what you might find.

One last breath. One last breath.

You have done it on your own. You have done it all alone.
This one goes to you. Where ever you may roam.

Looking good wearing your disguise.
Feeling strong need no advice.

One last breath before you go. Without being seen - one last dream. The weight on your shoulders has kept you blind. Don't be afraid of what you might find.

One last breath

Thanks for correcting Marko :). It will be hard for me to come up with the lyrics of the other songs, so I don't think that you'll have to do any further corrections in the next days :D. Some of Henri's growls are quite difficult to understand.

Yeah I like One Last Breath a lot, unfortunately the version with Mikko lacks the solo and the version with Jani has it, but has a bad sound quality :D. I like the fact that the song reaches a climax, calms down a bit and reaches another climax. It sounds like the pitch of the song moves some steps towards the end, while it actually does not. Good songwriting :). I also like Re-Write History quite a lot with the acoustic guitar solo.

It's true, the lyrics aren't written in proper language, i.e. "you'd be better of dead". Do you know who wrote them? And did anyone aside from Janne take part in the songwriting?

Well, thanks for the compliment. Although I've checked out many other bands in the meantime I still care for DogeYegoD/Spitleak, even though nothing happened ever since 2009 :).