Spreading the Disease

Ha-Chan

Aug 2, 2009
In my humble opinion, the greatest Anthrax album. It's amazing. While not every track is jaw-dropping, there are some unforgettable tracks. For example, A.I.R., which makes me want to take up drums. Lone Justice, Madhouse, The Enemy, Armed and Dangerous, good shit there!

You'll get no arguement that STD is killer from start to finish on this board.

Yep, Joey's best vocals too. I heard that that album was supposed to be mixed to have the same guitar tone as Speak English Or Die but something changed that. Not sure though, anyone know?

Yep, Joey's best vocals too. I heard that that album was supposed to be mixed to have the same guitar tone as Speak English Or Die but something changed that. Not sure though, anyone know?

I'm not sure about that, but I think Scott has said before that they learned from their mistakes with Spreading the Disease when they recorded the S.O.D. record. They were not happy with the production on the latter.

Definitely my favorite 'Thrax album. Even better than Among the Living in my opinion. I enjoy every single song. Not to mention it has Joey's definite best vocal performance. Shame that his vocal peak was so short-lived.

It was great hearing Medusa and AIR again on Alive 2, I though Joey sounded pretty damn good. My buddy had a picture disc of it which he would not sell!

AIR should never be off the set list, irespective of who is singing.