Spreading the disease

evilholger

Feb 7, 2002
What are your opinions on Thrax's "Spreading the disease" album?
Medusa,Madhouse,Gung-Ho,Aftershock,A.I.R, all KILLER songs!
Joey's vocals are a little weak though, would love to hear Bush sing on these tunes.

I just watched N.F.V this weekend, and Anthrax plays Medusa, AIR, Madhouse, and Gung Ho during the performance so I had to go and put Spreading the Disease on! Great album really! One of Joey's best performances, even though most of us love the Bush man!

Cheerz!

anvil:

I can't understand how anyone prefers Bush's vocals over Belladonna's. To me, Joey B. DEFINED what Anthrax sounded like. Even moreso, his was the voice behind ALL the classics (as far as I'm concerned).

Just think back to..."Four walls surround me / Trapped in this cage..."

Ah, metal. That was the best shit around! As far as the question posed in this thread, 'Spreading...' has always been my 2nd favorite Anthrax platter even though it was my first taste of the band. Classics like "Madhouse," "Medusa (my fave song ever by them)" and "A.I.R." just completely kill. But 'Among the Living' is and will always be the greatest to me.

Originally posted by markgugs
anvil:

I can't understand how anyone prefers Bush's vocals over Belladonna's. To me, Joey B. DEFINED what Anthrax sounded like. Even moreso, his was the voice behind ALL the classics (as far as I'm concerned).

I totally agree but not too many more on this board will. I love both their vocals, I just seem to prefer Belladonna.

Spreading the disease is a metal classic,my first introduction to anthrax was state of euphoria and that blew me away but spreading album was a killer for sure