Spreading the Disease is pretty shit, I'm sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think Killing Box was a very average song - far better songs on that Vol 8 to credit here.

STD is a fucking classic album and I still love it. Medusa is a great song. But hey let's be honest perhaps age hasn't been too kind on it.

THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSGhx3OFccI

is ten times better than 70% of the shite on Spreading the Disease. It's also heavier - don't give me the shit about not being "thrash" - that song is way heavier than fucking "Medusa".
It's a GREAT tune.

Agreed....but I like StD....actually quite a bit better than AtL. You are correct sir, in that the production is weak. AtL's production is worse IMO...and that's why I prefer StD (but not of the permanent kind). V8 has great production....a shame that there is 3 or 4 "filler" songs on there.

Agreed....but I like StD....actually quite a bit better than AtL. You are correct sir, in that the production is weak. AtL's production is worse IMO...and that's why I prefer StD (but not of the permanent kind). V8 has great production....a shame that there is 3 or 4 "filler" songs on there.

It's about the song to me not the production. ATL is a masterpiece, so is STD, to say it sucks because of the production is ridiculous. It was 25 years ago.

And Volume 8 has only 1 legitimate song, that being Inside Out. Even that song has a lame chorus. I don't care how amazing of a production it has, the songs themselves are shit and no production can change that

I wouldn't want ATL or STD to be re recorded. They are classics they way they are. It was 25 years ago what the fuck do you expect.

It's about the song to me not the production. ATL is a masterpiece, so is STD, to say it sucks because of the production is ridiculous. It was 25 years ago.

And Volume 8 has only 1 legitimate song, that being Inside Out. Even that song has a lame chorus. I don't care how amazing of a production it has, the songs themselves are shit and no production can change that

I wouldn't want ATL or STD to be re recorded. They are classics they way they are. It was 25 years ago what the fuck do you expect.

Again, we all bow down to your wisdom, experience and innate musical sensibilities..........and we all can agree: :fu:

It's MY OPINION. Live with it, or die. The production on both StD and AtL was supbar. Both have great tracks, both have weak tracks. Myself, I PREFER V8. So sue me, if you don't like it. That's how I roll.

snob11.gif

Again, we all bow down to your wisdom, experience and innate musical sensibilities..........and we all can agree: :fu:

It's MY OPINION. Live with it, or die. The production on both StD and AtL was supbar. Both have great tracks, both have weak tracks. Myself, I PREFER V8. So sue me, if you don't like it. That's how I roll.

It's understandable that someone with such a bad palate would also have a bad sense of sound :D

Status
Not open for further replies.