Just listened to St. Anger for the first time in forever

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Board seems kind of dead so changing it up, OK I hate talking about Metallica because I've never liked them, not even back in the day but this album isn't so bad! (keep reading lol) Yes the snare sound is obviously stupid and there are no solos, but as a bass player I'm not big on that anyway. If there was more low end and Rob's bass talents were highlighted then this album might be pretty cool. A cool discussion point could be what thrash bands put out "nu metal" albums that everyone liked? I personally like Force of Habit and Diabolus, groovy but still awesome in my opinion. Plus I obviously love the stuff Anthrax did with John. Is Testament's Low in that category? Love that one too. Discuss.

You know, Rob actually did not play bass on that album. I still can't listen to it as a whole, but when I hear a song or two, I think it's ok.

Lars beating on pots and pans with wooden spoons, no guitar solos, whiny immature lyrics, bad mix...yeah, great album.:loco:

The only Metallica record not on my I-pod. A couple of ok songs at best highlighted by shit-awful production. And I'm a "glass half-full" kind of guy!

Never really liked Metallica much either,I was always an anthrax guy,that being said St anger is still better than load and reload put together and was there comeback to metal land,very important record for them to make,the black album is my fave record by them

Yeah, I thought Death Magnetic was closest to Master of Puppets than any of the newer stuff but came off forced. I remember thinking the songs were too long but then I listened to Puppets and on and the songs are all a little too long and pretty repetitive. The difference is that they were badass back then so an extra chorus or verse tacked on to the end was welcome. I dunno, bands that have a huge departure from their style usually make an attempt to return to form eventually but usually come off sounding forced. I still feel like Death Magnetic was a much better effort than St. Anger or anything from Black Album on.
edit: James's vox are deff not as good as they were back in the day (common knowledge)

Death Magnetic was a big step back in the right direction, but the sound wasn't right.

Board seems kind of dead so changing it up, OK I hate talking about Metallica because I've never liked them, not even back in the day but this album isn't so bad! (keep reading lol) Yes the snare sound is obviously stupid and there are no solos, but as a bass player I'm not big on that anyway. If there was more low end and Rob's bass talents were highlighted then this album might be pretty cool. A cool discussion point could be what thrash bands put out "nu metal" albums that everyone liked? I personally like Force of Habit and Diabolus, groovy but still awesome in my opinion. Plus I obviously love the stuff Anthrax did with John. Is Testament's Low in that category? Love that one too. Discuss.

I've got news for you, slick: Rob didn't...oh it was already said that Bob Rock plays bass on that piece of crap they dared to call music? Nevermind.

I've got news for you, slick: Rob didn't...oh it was already said that Bob Rock plays bass on that piece of crap they dared to call music? Nevermind.
Ugh dammit I totally knew that!:tickled:Well from what I've heard of Magnetic there's not much bass in the mix there either but I'll give it a listen. The black album to me had the best bass mix ever even if some didn't like the songs. I learned how to play bass learning that album.

Just finished Death Magnetic, I like it a lot. Bass is audible but not as good as Jason on the black album. I also know that I'm the only one who cares about bass lol

I've heard the album enough, no need to click these.:tickled:

I'm probably the only one who actually liked Super Collider. Just listened to it again last week. I thought it was a nice change of pace, but obviously the next album needs to be heavier.

Risk was better than TWNAH and Shit Angry combined...and Risk sucked so...:loco: