SSD EX or EZDrummer?

AdamG94

Dec 26, 2010
Suffolk, UK
I want to start programming drums, but I'm not too keen on sinking $300+ into a program straight away.

So, SSD EX or EZDrummer?

Also, anyone got any good amp sim recommendations to use in Logic?

Thanks,
Adam.

I think ezd is easier to start programming b/c of the drag and drop midi however Slate sounds better.

Quality is what I would like to go for.

So if I was to go with SSD, would I just load it as a plugin in Logic and use the piano roll to program the beats?

I think ezd is easier to start programming b/c of the drag and drop midi however Slate sounds better.

Or you can grab EZplayer Pro and have that same functionality with SSD! I just bought it and glad I did, all my grooves now integrate seamlessly with SSD.

Does anybody here use SSD for blast beats? In the sound demo on their site, the one blast beat they use for a demo of the "Cracky Metal Kit" sounded REALLY horrible to my ears. Embarrassingly bad, like a toy. The kicks sounded good if you like that electronic sound, and the snare was ok on the slower part, but once the speed picked up, it sounded amateur at best.

Does anybody here use SSD for blast beats? In the sound demo on their site, the one blast beat they use for a demo of the "Cracky Metal Kit" sounded REALLY horrible to my ears. Embarrassingly bad, like a toy. The kicks sounded good if you like that electronic sound, and the snare was ok on the slower part, but once the speed picked up, it sounded amateur at best.

If you take the time to humanize everything, it sounds ok.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10032810

Kinda blastbeaty when it gets going (but slower)

This is a really quick test demo I did for JCM800 settings.

I'm using the Dream Theater kit. I'm a bedroom novice. I'm sure someone with some skills can make SS sound amazing.