St. Anger revisited

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
Two guys I never heard of recorded St. Anger in its entirety. Not surprisingly, it sounds vastly better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I give Metallica slack because of what happened in Sweden. No artist come out of a trauma like that unchanged. More than Cliff died on that road, they lost their fire. What's worse is the label was so fucking heartless and gave them NO time to grieve or get grief counseling. Cliff's funeral was on a Monday and auditions began on a Tuesday. Maybe my days are wrong but you get the point. They were scarred for life after that.

Now you want to talk disappointment? Talk about In Flames. No, actually, don't. It pains me to see the band that made 3 masterpieces in a row produce the shit they make now.

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";10958160 said:
I'll see you one further-- I started losing faith after Master of Puppets. My fave album being Ride the Lightning.

Justice wasn't my favorite either, but it had some good songs on it in my opinion like To Live Is To Die, etc. Some that didn't really do anything for me as well. Once they made the One video, I knew it was over. I also liked Garage Days and the German import with Breadfan and The Prince. The Black album just sounded like another band, not the unique sound they had, that I really loved. Creeping Death would be my all time favorite from them...even named my tank that (C company, all names must start with the letter C), and my buddy named his Call Of Cthulhu. I know bands sometimes change, but their new direction wasn't what I liked.