St. Anger Wins Grammy Metal Category

The reason Metallica won is because they are the only heavy metal band that the Grammy nominating and awards committee know of. Haven't they won the metal category every year for as long as it's been in existence? Well, except for the first year when Jethro Tull won, but that really shows you how seriously the Grammy's take this category. Fucking joke!

Do you see any metal band out there that could have won this year's "metal grammy" with the majority of the "scene" (whatever that means...) agreeing? I don't...
Hey, at least St Anger touched almost every metal listener in some way or other... ;)

Demonspell said:
The Grammys are a worthless institution, I expect nothing short of total ignorance from them.

EXACTLY! you took the words right out of my mouth. And as for st. anger.... it seems like metallica's test to see how bad they can possibly make an album, sell it, and still keep their ignorant beyond shit fans. I'll bet they were just joking about how they could put out the shittiest album ever and still win awards and make money off of it. Too bad it went beyond being a joke and became the most degrading image/idea of what metal is.

Well this goes to prove that once again the majority of people are stupid. It's a disgrace for them to have a "heavy metal" category with no metal in it. Screw the Grammy's...it's just another big huge popularity contest. Makes me puke.

karelrulez said:
Adagio's "Underworld" should win a grammy.

For once I agree with you...lol! I saw on the Evergrey forum that they are a nominee for best metal band or album or whatever in the Swedish Grammy's. And I know that at least the Swedish version of the awards have at least some better integrity because they told who they were up against and the bands were actually decent. I don't remember the others except for Opeth but all of them were pretty credible. Goes to show how awesome the good ole' US fo A is!

hahahaha, the fools. If these Awards had anything to do with music of quality, only people nobody knows would get them.
The group of people given Grammys lessens from year to year. Maybe they should name Metallica winner of the next five years in the metal category, so they don't have to show up at all, for I fear Lars will be playing real garbage cans by then.

Kosh