St. Anger Wins Grammy Metal Category

Thanks! I was trying to remember why I didn't watch the Grammys... seems like a good reason to me.

Evanescence, the watered down melodic/power metal band, got "Best New Artist." My brother was all excited. *shrug* At least they beat some rappers.

Evanescence is prolly the only band who actually earned it..MMmmm, Amy Lee is so freakin' hot :worship:...of course Ayreon's Ambeon project destroys Evanescence..anyone actually know where I can get that Ambeon CD and not pay huge amounts of $$ for it? I know its rare..I just cant get that song Cold Metal out of my head..

theodyssey said:
get the ambeyon cd at theendrecords. I got it for like 11 bucks. Shit, pm me with your address and i'll send you my copy free of charge.

Actually I have all of the mp3s, I just want the CD cause it fuckin owns...

yeah, but i don't really like that cd and it's taking up space on my shelf. If you want it, COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE, i'll send it to you, for real. just pm me with your address. by the way, it'll prolly take a few weeks, just due to absolutely no time, but i can send it out soon, and it's a FREE CD. Lemme know.

theodyssey said:
yeah, but i don't really like that cd and it's taking up space on my shelf. If you want it, COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE, i'll send it to you, for real. just pm me with your address. by the way, it'll prolly take a few weeks, just due to absolutely no time, but i can send it out soon, and it's a FREE CD. Lemme know.

oh, rock on then, can I just e-mail you? I dont usually IM cause it bugs the shit out of me...to many people..I thought you were just gonna send me a burn or somethin, my bad..lol.. :p
At least let me throw a few bucks your way for shipping...

e-mail is robb@churchofthemachine.com

bball_1523 said:
st. anger doesn't really deserve any awards.
Oh, come on. It does too deserve an award.

"Most Hilarious Album of All Time"

When I first heard it, I laughed and I laughed and I laughed and I laughed and I laughed. It's so ridiculously bad that it can't be a serious attempt at music. It has to be a parody or something.

I concur. When I first heard the song "St. Anger" on the radio I couldn't stop laughing, just passing the song off to be by some shitty nu-"metal" band. Then the dude on the radio said it was Metallica and I almost cried. The mighty Metallica have fallen.

oh well why what did you expect?? They don'T need to release a good album to be nominated best metal album of the year. In this world, your name and your popularity is more important than your talent.

AsModEe said:
oh well why what did you expect?? They don'T need to release a good album to be nominated best metal album of the year. In this world, your name and your popularity is more important than your talent.

or how many grammy board members you can buy off...hey, isnt Yngwie one of those members? I know hes on the voting board of something...

[/QUOTE]or how many grammy board members you can buy off...hey, isnt Yngwie one of those members? I know hes on the voting board of something...
I didn't know about this. I think I would rather see Yngwie instead of metallica winning an award.

I like metallica, but from what I can tell from this album, they really didnt give a shit. I heard this interview with Kirk Hammet and he said they all sat down and wrote a sentence on a paper and passed it around. That why the lyrics are kinda of crapy. To sum it up this cd seemed rushed and this album deserved an award the least.

Metallica won something? JESUS H. CHRIST ON A CRUTCH! I am not as pained by this as I should be, because I abandoned all things such as the grammy's a long time ago. I would claim that The Odyssey should have won something, but now am glad it didn't because it would have brought dishonor upon Symphony X