Star Trek VS Star Wars

Not a fan of either really, I guess Star Wars if I had to pick though because of lightsabers and pod racing.

I find it hard to compare films to a television series.

I prefer the first three Star Wars films to all of the Star Trek films, but all of the Star Trek films are better than the post-original trilogy Star Wars films...

The Shatner era Star Trek television series to me definitely doesn't come close to the original Star Wars trilogy. Though I like it.

I enjoyed the new Star Wars film with bb-8 droid, very good, almost as good as the first three ones. Everytime I yawned today it sounded like Chewbacca shouting, I just did a full Chewbacca.

As a Star Wars fan who loves the Expanded Universe and a Star Trek fan who loves TNG and DS9 (original series is good but not my favorite), I think they fulfill to completely different things. Not a whole lot to compare, frankly. While Trek is regarded as being more cerebral, Star Wars also has many amazing stories.

i like both of them
never really understood how so many people love one but hate the other
that never really made sense to me

Have enjoyed the recent Star Trek films, but it is definitely Star Wars for me, totally immersed in that galaxy far far away, reading the books, watching the Clone Wars & Rebels TV shows, even love the Lego spin off, The Freemakers.
so
you don't like reading the Star Trek books??
are the Trek books horrible??
seriously asking
anybody here reading the Trek novels??

The Trek novels are generally good but it depends on the author. Kirsten Beyer is a good Trek author, notably known for her post-Endgame Voyager novels.