Star Wars nerds, rejoice!!!

:Spin: indeed

now that's great news, somwhat lessened by the fact that it probably will have the downright aweful scene with jabba and han, oh well, great news anyway

*rejoices*

Although I'm a bit dismayed that Lucas obstinately refuses to release the originals(damn petitions never amount to anything!), I'll nevertheless be in line to reserve my copy. At last, they're on DVD! *breathes a sigh of relief*

Special Editions? Man they took the seen where Han Solo shot Greedo in the cantina out and replaced it with one where Greedo shoots at him first.. Sorta takes the edge off of the Han Solo character.. That blows and it always bothered me.. Yes, I'm a geek of sorts, if my name and title didn't give that away.

Silver Surfer said:
Special Editions? Man they took the seen where Han Solo shot Greedo in the cantina out and replaced it with one where Greedo shoots at him first.. Sorta takes the edge off of the Han Solo character.. That blows and it always bothered me.. Yes, I'm a geek of sorts, if my name and title didn't give that away.

hm... never thought of that, really lame i have to admit now that you mention it :|

I will just keep my original VHS copies and as soon as I get my new computer with video capture software, I will make my own DVD copies of the real Star Wars. Untill GL puts them on DVD he will get none of my money.

Hmm...looks like they pushed the release back 2 days from its original release date. The box artwork looks great!

Hopefully, there's a chance that the original editions of the three films might be added as a special "easter egg," like with the Terminator 2 Special Edition DVD. That DVD, you have to change something on the main menu so that you can watch the movie on your DVD player rather than have to use the DVD-ROM to watch the original theatrical version.