Changes to the Star Wars dvds...

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
But even more exciting (or depressing) information that came out of the convention were the copies of the Star Wars Trilogy DVD Collection (due September 21st, as if you weren't aware) that were making their way around the convention to those in the know, with connections, or sticky fingers. So for those fearing (or hoping) that Lucas would again make extensive changes to the classic first three movies in the saga, you will get your wish. Everything from less readily apparent changes - sound effects to the color of a lightsaber - to more substantive additions, including Ian McDiarmid (the evil Emperor) replacing Clive Revill in The Empire Strikes Back, to Anakin Hayden Christensen's face (badly) added to the body of Sebastian Shaw at the end of Return of the Jedi, or a chorus of cheering Gungians (or whatever those Jar Jar things are called) also tacked on to the finale of Jedi, will be found in the new DVDs. Sigh...but find out for yourself when the set reaches a galaxy near you this fall.

George Lucas should be banned from ever making or having anything to do with movies ever again. I am so disgusted right now I can barely type.

He also took out some parts of Stormtroopers getting shot as it was "violent" (Very small cuts but there if you know where to look apparently) and there is talk they replaced Bobas voice with Tamereru (or however you spell it) Morrisons but I think thats just bullshit.

Im going to buy a pirate set of the original trilogy on dvd.

There is a very easy solution to this problem, just don't buy or watch them

I'm certain this is just a massive ploy to help market the release of the original versions next year..

Gavin said:
There is a very easy solution to this problem, just don't buy or watch them
The problem is we WANT to watch them, just not with someone changing everything. If Master Of Puppets was only ever released on an 8 track, then when cds came along they replaced all the guitar sounds, changed the singer and took out the bass, and only released that version, people would be rightly pissed off. "Dont buy or watch it" is the lamest excuse ive heard for fucking up a masterpiece.

Maybe ill go spraypaint over the Mona Lisa and the people who dont like it can just not look at it and enjoy a cardboard print.

Will do Salty, they have versions on dvd of the laser discs of Star Wars so the quality is really good :headbang:

UPDATE: Not-So-Special Editions
anakin.png

We've been hearing rumours for about a year now that George Lucas was making further changes to the Star Wars trilogy when it hits DVD on September 21st. It's been confirmed that what you'll be seeing this fall are not the versions we all grew up with, but rather the 1997 Special Editions, with retarded "improvements" like poorly-rendered Hutts and Rodians who miss their targets from two feet away. Lucas claims that the original versions of his classic films will never see another release, prompting folks like myself to shell out big bucks on ebay for (surprisingly impressive) bootlegs.

Well, it seems that Luke's cheesy scream in The Empire Strikes Back wasn't the end of the Lucas Madness. Thanks to a leaked bootleg of the "new" Return of the Jedi, fans across cyberspace are seeing proof that the films have been tampered with still further.

The highlights include Sebastian Shaw's head being swapped with Hayden Christensen's and a new victory celebration, the latter including the Prequel planet of Naboo, complete with dancing Gungans (one of whom cries out "Wesa free!"). It's enough to make one turn to Star Trek for solace.

Reports indicate that 1977's A New Hope has the most changes, though they've yet to leak. Supposedly Jabba the Hutt has been replaced with yet another CG model; and the stormtroopers now all sport Temuera Morrison's voice in an attempt to bring some desperate sense of continuity to the Prequels.

The Empire Strikes Back has been tampered with the least, though its changes are pretty radical. In addition to supplying the voices of the troops, Morrison has also re-recorded all of Boba Fett's dialogue (hear a sample here), and Ian McDiarmid has replaced Clive Reville/Ol' Monkey Eyes as The Emperor. This latter change is so significant because new dialogue has been written and recorded, altering the entire context of the scene (listen here).

This is merely the first wave of news. Expect a detailed review this September, along with an analysis of the original changes made to the Special Editions.

Thanks to the boys and girls over at Millennium Falcon for the mp3s and screen cap.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What the fuck is wrong with that stupid motherfucker??? Has he just gone mad, or has he suffered some fucking traumatic brain injury that has impared his judgement. The mans a fucking lunatic and I'm not buying another motherfucking thing with the Star Wars name on it. Fuck your films, fuck your DVDs and fuck you Lucas!

dreamwatch said:
What the fuck is wrong with that stupid motherfucker??? Has he just gone mad, or has he suffered some fucking traumatic brain injury that has impared his judgement. The mans a fucking lunatic and I'm not buying another motherfucking thing with the Star Wars name on it. Fuck your films, fuck your DVDs and fuck you Lucas!
Im so turned on right now.

So... will Luke actually recognise the joker hanging out with Yoda and Obi-Wan? It's not like he ever saw his dad as a young bloke, he only ever saw Sebastian Shaw.

This is a bit off topic but why don't the droids remember visiting lukes farm in episode 2 when they go back to it in episode 4 ?

This has always made me confused
Im not a starwars freak so please go easy on me for not understanding this