Latest on Star Wars DVD (Pics)

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
At first I thought it was a joke photo put up by AICN, but more sites are reporting it as well as a more respected site I go to thedigitalbits.com.

jedichanges.jpg

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#0519
We've been saying for months now that there were going to be changes made to these films for DVD, and while many believed us, a number of Star Wars fans have e-mailed to say we must be on crack. Nevertheless, believe it or not, we know for a FACT that several more changes are being made to these films. Trust us on this - our contacts are in positions to know. Like it or not, the films we will get on DVD on 9/21 are NOT going to be the original theatrical versions and they're not going to be the 1997 special editions either. Even Lucasfilm's Steve Sansweet has confirmed this, saying at the recent WonderCon convention that the films contained on the discs would be the incarnations of the films "as George Lucas sees them today."

It's gonna get mighty interesting in the months ahead, folks.

for comparison
haydenshaw.jpg

If they're going to alter that scene, they would have alter when Luke takes off Vader's mask in ROTJ. And Hayden's face would have to be aged 45 years. Actor Sebastian(sp) Shaw, wiped from Star Wars existence.
s13.gif

One more new scene comparison.
esbpalpatine.jpg

That is shit. I read a funny ass post saying "George should redo the battle scene with Vader and Luke, and incorporate martial arts and bullet time" :lol:

Those have to be fake.

You know, this isnt even fucking funny. Not funny at all.

That is just pathetic. I'm going to give George Lucas the benefit of the doubt here and assume it's a fake... but if someone like Steven Spielberg, who I think is a genius 90% of the time, can change guns in ET to walkie talkies, then George Lucas, who is only a genius 10% of the time, and that was for a few weeks in the mid 70s, could certainly pull a stunt like this.

George made Willow in the 80s, that movie RULES, so take back your remark about him only being good in the 70s please.

also, notice how the "new" one is stretched up and down? i bet whoever faked it realised that if they put pussy boy's head on the old anikins body it would look out of place, and not actually fit in under the top of the screen...or if they shrunk it so it would, he would have a pin head. So what they did was stretch it out, so that they could put his head on the picture in the extra space that stretching the image has given. Which is probably why Obi Wan's head and yoda look stretched in the second picture.

Either that or they just squashed the original picture down to make it look extra old and dodgy and I'm completley wrong.

Either way, its fucked to the shithouse.

salty said:
Either way, its fucked to the shithouse.
:lol:

SW on DVD: Special Edition Changes?
Wed, May 19, 04 01:02:08 AM EDT

There's been plenty of talk this week about just what will be on those Special Edition DVDs this September from Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox. Will they be the re-released versions of the original films or have there been even more changes?
Our sources tell us that there have been lots of changes to A New Hope, including some tinkering with the Han/Greedo scene. This is also the film with the most significant changes. The Emperor has been replaced with prequel actor Ian McDiarmid in ESB and Hayden Christensen does indeed appear in the final cut of Return of the Jedi. The explanation of his young appearance as a spirit is revealed in Episode III, as (spoiler) the years in the Dark Side don't age the Jedi's spirit form.

But I just hate how he says:

"This was my vision all along"

Well sonny, if it was your vision all along, you should have fucking done something about it when making the original trilogy instead of fucking around with the classics. Its like he decided to whack Anikin in there, and then someone in the board room said "Hey George, how come Anikin is still a 20 year old kid?"
"Uhh.... the years in the Dark Side don't age the Jedi's spirit form. .... Yes, that'll do"

He's not fooling me