Going to watch Star Wars Episode III the first day?

Going to see Star Wars on May 19th (or opening day in your country)?

• Yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Maybe/Not sure

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Arch

‫‬**‪‫‬**҉‫‬**‪‫‬**҉ ‫‬*
Oct 9, 2001
// -->
Are you going to wait in line for Star Wars Episode III on May 19th?

This movie starts right off with a battle and one of the principal characters from Episode 2 gets murdered. I'll tell you more when I've read more of the book. :D :Smug:

Arch said:
Are you going to wait in line for Star Wars Episode III on May 19th?

Probably not. George Lucas' productions have been going downhill. The originals were great though.

i just watched episode IV, and man...i don't think lucas is going to able to do it justice, i've gotta say i don't have much faith in the guy at this point...maybe star wars has been built up into a kind of mythical status, and nothing he could have done would have been quite enough--but there's still no denying, the first two movies were garbage...nothing more than advertisements for action figures and video games, aimed squarely at the films' 10-to-12-year-olds target audience

Edgecrusher said:
Are there going to be any late-night showings on the 18th?

More than likely, the first showing will be at 12:01 am (in each time zone) on Thursday, 19 May, 2005. They've been doing that since Empire, to the best of my knowledge.

Uh, no. Haven't seen any of the 'new' Star Wars movies thus far, & I'm not in any rush to change that.

I will.

that is if my friends and I buy tickets 2 weeks in advanced or something..

I just got 3 advance tix to Episode III. W00t!

I got my advance ticket online for the closest theater in my neighborhood that will be showing the film.

For those of you who would like to see some more of the footage from this film, click this link: http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/10.html This is the music video for a piece of music written by John Williams for the new movie called, A Hero's Fall (it appears on the soundtrack as Battle of the Heroes). This music video and 15 others can be found on the bonus DVD that will be accompanying the soundtrack which is now in stores.

For those of you who would like to read a review and you don't mind a few spoilers, click here: http://viewaskew.com/news/sith/ This is the review from Kevin Smith who has given this film high marks (and for those of you who know of Kevin Smith's love of the Star Wars films, we're not talking crap), possibly as being even better than The Empire Strikes Back.

For those of you who would like to have a complete spoiler and quote dialogue during the movie, here's the script in its entirety: http://scripts.cgispy.com/newsboard.cgi?action=view&num=2&user=script :D I don't know who put this up, but I thank them.

Edgecrusher said:
i popped Episode I into the ol' DVD player today.

It's sad to say that Jar Jar is pretty much the only character in the movie that shows any emotion whatsoever.

Yeah; unfortunately, it was this movie that we had to deal with Anakin, the Mannequin. :ill: