Starting eBay dispute

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

I recently bought an item on eBay that was faulty. I e-mailed and then rang the store I bought it from (they're in Melbourne) 3 times. They kept saying they would get a manager to call me back in order to discuss the possibility of a refund. It's been 2 days now and there's been nothing.

I'm not particularly one to be run around, nor have my time wasted, so I was wondering what the best way to proceed would be out of these two:

1) Start a dispute with eBay/Paypal to get my money back.
2) Report this to the ACCC (an organization handling consumer rights here in Oz).

Which way would likely be the quickest for me to get my money back? I just want a fair refund, which I'm entitled to under Australian law, so I can pursue this directly with the ACCC.

Thanks.

I would guys, but they're on the other side of town and I just don't have the time during the days. I'm mixing flat out all weekdays, and tracking all weekends, when I'm not seeing my g/f for a few hours.

I need this handled remotely. I had hoped they were competent enough to be able to do it via e-mail/phone, but it appears unlikely. The bottom line is that I just don't have time to be dealing with this shit. I just want my money back, their product handed back to them, and to go on my merry way pretending this never happened.

Just want to know whether PayPal are competent at settling these disputes, or whether I need to go more directly and get a branch of the local government involved.

Start a paypal dispute, unless they come out with some sort of amazingly credible refute to what you're saying then paypal nearly always rules in favour of the buyer.

If they don't actively reply to the dispute then you get your money back inside ten days (I think it is anyway, might be two weeks, but a similar duration), it'll force their hand anyway to deal with your problem at least.

oh God...im in a bit of a pickle myself.

I ordered some M audio monitors for my editing room, and one of them stopped working. it wont turn on. it's been 4 days sending emails and no answer...i hope your thing gets resolved man. Ebay Sucks!!