eBay nightmare...

Contra Studio

Jul 13, 2011
Hell Paso
So I sold a pair of Black Lion B12a (API clone pres) on eBay for 500 plus ship.
Later I get an email saying damaged item....... They buyer said the item was broken and the pots are scratched and deep gash in the face plate.. The only issue I said the item had on the eBay description was some rack rash. Now this guy wants me to refund him or send the units back to BLA to get fixed... I was going to fight it but after google similar issue from other sellers they buyer always wins. So for all I know this guy gutted my unit or swapped it with a bad one, and will leave me negative feedback and he gets his cash while my Paypal account it negative...
Some people are such creeps...

Some people are shit

my uncle sold some stuff to some douche a few weeks ago.
the guy dind't pay and contacted ebay support.

he claimed that he paid but did not receive the stuff.

wthout even contacting my uncle about that issue ebay refunded him the money.

yeah, ebay stole money from my uncle and gave it to this scammer.

my uncle sold some stuff to some douche a few weeks ago.
the guy dind't pay and contacted ebay support.

he claimed that he paid but did not receive the stuff.

wthout even contacting my uncle about that issue ebay refunded him the money.

yeah, ebay stole money from my uncle and gave it to this scammer.

That sucks ass. You shouldn't give up on that case and call that damn ebay and tell how it really was!

documenting with photos is always a good idea, especially the packaging. That way you should be able to proove that the fault wasn't on your end, theoretically.
I guess those clones don't have any serial numbers on them?

Soultrash:
That sounds seriously fucked up...but it shouldn't be too hard to proove that the guy didn't send any money to your uncle, right?

Here's the kicker, the buyer can file a not as described issue and they have up to 45 days. The new eBay agreement also says the seller is responsible for the item up until they receive it. That creep buy is now saying the other unit is sounding scratchy too and wants to fixed... I have no choice but to refund.... I saw this YouTube video of a seller getting back a MacBook he sold. It wasn't even the same one he sent, the creeps replaced it!!! So get a new laptop and get your money back classic!

Dude have you contacted PayPal? Don't base your actions off YouTube and shit you read about negative eBay/PayPal experiences. I have dealt extensively with them and they have been awesome every time.

It's all about documentation...think of it like court...you need info to prove without a doubt that you are in the right/telling the truth etc....

When you sell/buy on eBay, you are doing business, so treat it as such. Keep records and document every item and tram
Transaction. Photos are a must.

People that whine about PayPal and eBay fucking up are only shifting the blame because they can not accept that they fucked up.

Here are your options...

NO REFUND
due to the nature of electronic items, there are no refunds.
(This will be hard to pull off if not clearly stated in description)

RETURN ITEM
have buyer return item at their expense for refund of item cost (shipping not included). Document condition of item and file an appropriate claim with shipping provider.

The first thing you need to do is contact PayPal directly. Not by email...fucking call and talk to a human. Explain the situation and find out what you can do to make sure you don't get a broken worthless item back.

Get the buyer to email you photos of the item and the packaging. Do this now.
Collect all info you can from buyer and tell him you are working with PayPal on it.

STALL
Make sure buyer knows/thinks you are actively working to resolve the issue.
They might get pissed off...ALWAYS REPLY KINDLY AND PROFESSIONALLY, but let them send shitty messages...this lessens the chance of things going their way.

The longer you can stretch it out, the less power the buyer has until the transaction can no longer be disputed etc...

Also, don't be afraid to give the buyer your phone number. Call him and talk to him... Record it if you want. Giving out your number will instantly build a little trust and he won't think he's being ripped if the item is in fact damaged by a third party

That sucks ass. You shouldn't give up on that case and call that damn ebay and tell how it really was!

i've tried calling them several times but
the people there are just stupid and not interested to help.
i'll simply try to back-post the money, maybe it works.

Soultrash:
That sounds seriously fucked up...but it shouldn't be too hard to proove that the guy didn't send any money to your uncle, right?

yeah, unfortunately ebay has no real customer service,
basically they do not care if anythig is going wrong :puke:

Stay strong with the buyer. Even if he posts negative feedback you can make a comment back so people can see both sides of the story.