kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Dear *****(***@hotmail.com),

You recently listed the following item(s):

290333**2374 - Ibanez Tremelo Tremolo Trem Arm ***

Unfortunately, we had to remove your item because the way it was listed breaches our policy:

Postage:To Ireland -- £2.49
Royal Mail Airmail (Small Packets)
Service to Ireland
(more services)
Post to:Worldwide
Item location:Bristol, Avon, United Kingdom

We understand that sellers need to charge enough for postage and packaging to cover their costs. But we also ask sellers to make sure their postage charges aren't higher than they need to be.

For some categories, there's a limit on what you can charge for postage and packaging, no matter what your actual costs are. The only exception is for items that are unusually large or heavy compared with other items typically listed in that category.

Here's more information about our policy - copy this link into a new browser window:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-shipping.html

eBay has restricted your ability to list new items as a result of a policy violation. We'd be happy to lift this restriction once you've completed a brief tutorial about this policy. The next time you sign in to your eBay account, click on ?Sell? and ?Sell Your Item.? You?ll then be asked to take the tutorial. Once you've completed it, you can begin selling again immediately.

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

Here's what you can do now:

Please take some time to review our listing removal policies and seller rules - copy these links into a new browser window:

Why eBay may remove your listing
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/questions/listing-ended.html

Knowing the rules for sellers
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/policies.html

Thanks for your understanding. If you have any questions about our policy please get in touch - click 'Contact Us' on any Help page.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

H5397

HA. So I've actually been banned from selling until I complete their tutorial. Oh my, what a fucking sin... feels like a traffic violation. So, its free market capitalism when ebay want, but when a loop hole in their system arises and they cant exploit the seller for it due to regulations, they are all for fucking the shit out of them in the guise of helping the buyer customer . :zombie:

To make matters worse, this postage cost IS perfectly viable. Their latest profit maximisation tactic is to drive sellers into offering free postage and build it into the item sale price so they can cream a profit out of your postage bill too. CUNT FUCKING FLAPS.

AND when I complete their little tutorial for my sins, they will charge me a full listing price again of course for the item I listed for 30 days (may i add I got only half this listing time out of it!)!

This company REALLY piss me off now, and I mean really. All their little bully boy tactics are slowly grinding me down, but at the same time they know we cant escape because of the sheer volume of market they attract. I hope to god some decent alternative arrives which will displace it. This company are going to fall, and fall fucking hard and fast oneday, just wait for it. And when they do, im going to piss all over their bankruptcy file.

Im off to ebid.

Wow, it took a second for me to realize what you meant by "Their latest profit maximisation tactic is to drive sellers into offering free postage and build it into the item sale price so they can cream a profit out of your postage bill too", but of course it means that with a higher final value price of the auction (when shipping is incorporated), they can take a bigger percentage, so yes, my reaction too is :mad: At least now that I've discovered paypal e-checks I can receive payments without those fuckheads taking more than $5 for themselves, but yeah, the final value fees piss me off, but ebay is a business after all, and since they're designed around something so utterly inessential (there's nothing people can only buy on ebay, and in turn there are other ways to sell stuff), I doubt any attempt to seek legal action against them for being a monopoly or whatever would get anywhere! But as long as there are awesome prices to be had, I'll still buy from it! :D