FUCKING EBAY ARE BASTARDS

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Hey folks, get this. Just selling a car for a friend on ebay, went for £311. However the buyer refuses to pay, and decides he doesnt want it.

Next step is that I file the mutual agreement to end the transaction, in order to avoid the £30 final value fees they are going to charge on it. Bare in mind it has already cost £8 to list this thing. £38. Now somewhere along the lines, there was a small message right at the top of the screen which read "if you and the buyer have agreed to continue with this transaction the please click here".

I clicked that hyperlink by accident, and I am sure many others have accidentally too, due to the nature of where it is placed on the page it is as if they want you to click this button. And now I know why. Apparently after 3 letters to customer support, they are going to continue to charge me the final value fee now even though they know I did not sell this item. Its an engineered hyperlink set out to dick you.

Im a seller/buyer on ebay for around 4 years now, about 90 feedback and completely 100%. And will they do fuck all for me, absolutely not. They dont give a shit. £38 bill coming my way for a tiny little mistake which I actually reckon is engineered to fuck users over.

This invoice is stuck in the ebay account waiting to come out of my bank on June 25th. Do I:

A) Take the hit
B) Block all access to this card from ebay and set up another ebay account losing all 90 positive feedback which I have accumalated over 4 years.

Im thinking of closing it out of principal. But I don't know if there is any way they will attempt to claim their invoice money?

Ive had enough of these cunts, they are getting worse and worse year by year. There is no way im letting them have that money for jack all.

Ed: Heres a further laugh- I can still send this item off for a second chance offer whereby they can screw me for another final value fee, HA!

Right, i made one final push at it and they agreed to credit me back the fee! If you have any problems with them, it seems that explaining how to run an e-business successfully and a few tips on customer service online are necessary. It also seems different people are responding in different ways on their systems...
Anyway, let this thread be known the evil that this company can be, so tread with care. My day has gotten slightly better now.

Damn dude, good on you for pushing through - the moral I guess is to always be careful what you click!

yeh, dont i know it... Im normally well tight with this stuff but it was late at night and i was just trudging my way through lol. I cant imagine how much ebay are making out of crap like this though.