New Ebay minimum standards. WTF?

Trevoire520

Mar 24, 2007
Fife, Scotland
Well this is a big crock of shit. Despite being in my opinion, a great ebay seller. I am now going to get "lowered placements in search and may even face limits on selling activity"

Let me be clear, I don't sell loads of stuff on ebay, really it's just a way to make some cash on gear I don't us anymore. However whenever I do sell I put in a great amount of effort, describing items well, answering questions quickly, dispatching as soon as I can and packing like an absolute demon to insure nothing gets damaged in transit. All of my detailed seller ratings are rated at 4.5-5.0

But because I don't sell too many things, one buyer who's had a beef with my P&P charges has caused my percentage of DSR's of 1 or 2 for that to go to 5.88%. Over the 4% threshold.

This really pisses me off as, like I said before, I pack items up VERY well, and I only charge what it costs for the postage (normally next day courier) I don't add on extra like some do to cover ebay and paypal fee's. If it costs £10 to send then I charge £10 postage. I charge nothing for what is sometimes hours of effort packing up a mixing desk or guitar amp, and nothing even for the materials to do it with! Just the courier cost.

I can understand ebay wanting to make sure everyone gets a good buying experience, but because I've only sold 17 items this year, one person has now fucked up my rating and is going to make selling anything on ebay that little bit harder for me.

Bastards.

To be clear, I assume you meant "one buyer who's had a beef..." - but yeah, that sucks that one bitter shithead was able to do so much damage; maybe you can contact ebay and explain the situation? Seems like it would fall under the category of conflict resolution, but then again, ebay has really never ceased to amaze me with shitty policies (one of which being forbidding sellers from even putting the words "money order" in their item description :Smug: Fortunately, Paypal e-check is there for a payment method without absurd fees at least!)

Yeah you'd be right on that one man, got myself a bit mixed up. Lol.

Ebay have had a angry email directed at them. Not that I think it'll make any difference. I think they really need to rethink this system to be honest.

Well I saw a video the other day about how do become power seller and the dude said one nice trick was to sell a lot of "cyber stuff" like tutorials on word or I dont know at 0,01$. It could be "how do send guitar amps" or whatever and not even charge the 0,01$ but get the positive feedbacks. I heard that's how some power sellers have like 10000 positive feedbacks. But I didnt do it, I'm an ultra noob over there.

[/just a thought from tired dude]