State of Euphoria Expanded Reissue

I still believe this is what turned most people into anthrax,to this day I've listened to that album way more than any other anthrax album,I feel they dislike the record because it represents the silly clothes and they became s bit of a circus act and they started to cop a lot of backlash

This was my gateway record to Anthrax, just from a timing perspective.

I got into AC/DC as a 12 year old, and then around 89 it just progressed to Metallica (AJFA), Slayer (South of Heaven), and of course Anthrax with this record. Whilst it's far from my fave of theirs now it'll always hold a special place!!!

Reactions: redfly
I really enjoy State of Euphoria. I like that classic Anthrax sound of the 80's. I hope this reissue will be remastered. I think it sounds really low in comparison to other CD's. Ever make a playlist on your iPod and these songs sound lower than the others and have to constantly adjust the volume?

I agree with the above, don't really get excited about re-issues that much anymore. I would also prefer demos with vocals instead of the rhythm tracks that are instrumentals like the Spreading The Disease re-issue had.

Also, don't even tell me they are cutting Dan Spitz out of the booklet, which includes that great MAD magazine style cartoon.

Reactions: redfly
The bonus track disc with the For All Kings Tour Edition are rhythm/instrumental tracks and no vocals. I agree, demos w/vocals would have been better.

Breathing Lightning
A Monster At The End
This Battle Chose Us
Soror Irrumator
Vice Of The People

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher
I fell in anthrax with SOE, I bought it just for the antisocial cover and I became crazy about this band, because they were different, especially with their fluorescent shorts!
Scott explains in his book that they recorded SOE much too quickly because it was necessary that the album was finished before leaving on tour with Maiden and that the album is half finished!
A disaster according to them! :puke:
A masterpiece according to me!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Scott explains in his book that they recorded SOE much too quickly because it was necessary that the album was finished before leaving on tour with Maiden and that the album is half finished!
A disaster according to them! :puke:
A masterpiece according to me!:headbang::headbang::headbang:
I might like it more than POT at this point.

Cool I have all the cassettes and eps on cassette up until sown,also have the soe that contains a long ass interview as well

I remember the interview I think you're talking about! Is it one where they take the piss out of the interviewer because he has such a weird American accent?? :)

This was the first Anthrax album I ever owned. But I don't think I have anything beyond a dubbed cassette version of the album hanging around anymore. This is a reissue I will likely get.

I have always thought that SOE was a weak album . like , a score 5 out of 10 . and now I probably know the reason why . "half finished" . It´s a weak reacord I.M.O. , but there are some choice gems , like Who Cares Wins and Be All , End All . The production is far superior to Among The Living .

So in this clip when he was saying he was so pissed off reading a thread with people complaining about the set list choices, I wonder if it was here that he was reading it? As far as I know they're not called "threads" on social media and we have bitched about the set list a lot on here lol. I've wondered if any of the band members check in here regularly, we've been here so long and I would if my band had it's own message board.