Steel Panther- Death to All But Metal

This is more than a simply parody band though.... they do the genre justice musically, while having some fun. There is a difference between a half assed comedic attempt, and real musicians having fun.

mëtålspëd;8346647 said:
This is more than a simply parody band though.... they do the genre justice musically, while having some fun. There is a difference between a half assed comedic attempt, and real musicians having fun.

If they're having fun, more power to them... :kickass:

I just think stuff like this sucks... :lol:

So now on their new album, I noticed they have some of the same song titles as their Metal Shop album. did they re-record those songs to change them up any or just re-record the same exact song??

A couple of songs were re-recorded with very minor lyrical changes. The rest are all new songs.

Metal Shop CD had the actual song "Metal Shop". On the Metal Skool release they dropped the "Metal Shop" song, and added a cover of the song "Cleveland Roxx".

There is also a 2003 version of Death To All But Metal that was on the Metal Sludge All Star album put out by Metal Sludge run by Stevie Rachelle of the band Tuff.

I'll be playing all these rare tracks as well as some rare Danger Kitty demos, and some other surprises I dont wanna reveal until I broadcast them.

I love this band. Someone mentioned Satchel AKA Russ Parish was in Halfords "FIGHT". He was also on the 1st WAR & PEACE album with Jeff Pilson. Vocalist Michael Starr AKA Ralph Saenz also sang on a L.A. Guns E.P., recorded some kickass tribute songs (Styx, Journey and others), and was in the awesome Van Halen tribute band Atomic Punks.

I'll be playing stuff from all these other side projects and bands as well. :headbang:

Anyone familiar with the movie Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg? When Wahlbergs character goes to audition for Steel Dragon theres another guy who auditioned just before him-apparently thats thats Michael Starr from Steel Panther.

Anyone familiar with the movie Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg? When Wahlbergs character goes to audition for Steel Dragon theres another guy who auditioned just before him-apparently thats thats Michael Starr from Steel Panther.

Correct that is indeed Ralph Saenz AKA Michael Starr.

A couple of songs were re-recorded with very minor lyrical changes. The rest are all new songs.

Metal Shop CD had the actual song "Metal Shop". On the Metal Skool release they dropped the "Metal Shop" song, and added a cover of the song "Cleveland Roxx".

There is also a 2003 version of Death To All But Metal that was on the Metal Sludge All Star album put out by Metal Sludge run by Stevie Rachelle of the band Tuff.

I'll be playing all these rare tracks as well as some rare Danger Kitty demos, and some other surprises I dont wanna reveal until I broadcast them.

I love this band. Someone mentioned Satchel AKA Russ Parish was in Halfords "FIGHT". He was also on the 1st WAR & PEACE album with Jeff Pilson. Vocalist Michael Starr AKA Ralph Saenz also sang on a L.A. Guns E.P., recorded some kickass tribute songs (Styx, Journey and others), and was in the awesome Van Halen tribute band Atomic Punks.

I'll be playing stuff from all these other side projects and bands as well. :headbang:
Yeah I HIGHLY recommend anyone who is a L.A. Guns fan and doesn't have the Wasted EP to get it. Outside of their first 2 albums, this is my favorite release by the band and it seems NO ONE has heard of it. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Turn out the Lights is my favorite(my friends and I at work named this song an anthem for one of the girls we work with). I will be checking out their other stuff with the other names, I had no clue they had changed names.

"WARNING! EXPLICIT! CAUTION! This could be one of the most hysterical, and off the wall shows to date! This week is the kickass CD showcase of the Hard Rock band STEEL PANTHER (previously Danger Kitty, Metal Shop, Metal Skool)! These guys bring some of the best Hard Rock music similiar to that of Van Halen, Dokken, and Poison mixed with lyrics and comedy that would make Howard Stern look like an Altar Boy! Look for a bunch of rarities related to this band and a ton of absolutely hilarious surprises, and goodies! This show will be one for the ages! Bank on it!"

MADMANPANTHER.jpg

This show is now live on air!

http://www.themetalmadman.com/tunein.html

http://www.themetalmadman.com/chat

Any album which the FIRST line of the FIRST song is "Fuck the GOO GOO Dolls, they can suck my balls" has gotta be a winner in my book. Great album.

Heres my totally kickass solo I did for the Steel Panther guitar solo competition.

Last edited by a moderator: