Steel

NineFeetUnderground said:
well youre one of the few on here then.

the other day was a whole conversation with several people about how they dont like the guitar sound on bloodbath, etc. *smacks forehead*

I am a turtle :zombie:

Bloodbath started as a joke band but when it got internationally recognised, it stopped being one

Don Corleone said:
you dont get the point we are trying to make, do you?

Well, seeing Blimey's and Tubbses posts, it seems I'm not the only one :Smug: Besides, I don't remember referring to any of your posts...

If your point was that their lyrics are not to be taken seriously than you haven't discovered america you know... Many metal bands with gore lyrics like Cannibal Corpse claim that the lyrics are meant to be fun, not something serious...

My point was they are not a joke band anymore because they can make big money on it - I think this is Swano's best selling thing at the moment. I recall an interview with him shortly before Nightmares Made Flesh when he said he treated this band VERY seriously so it wasn't a joke band anymore. So do YOU get my point? :Smug:

There's something very funny going on this rapidshare thing tells me that I have downloaded 77000 kb while I have downloaded nothing yet and it tells me that I need to wait 78 minutes. Must be something with my connection or someone who is fucking with my ip or something.

But thanks for the effort anyway.

:Wreath: said:
Well, seeing Blimey's and Tubbses posts, it seems I'm not the only one :Smug: Besides, I don't remember referring to any of your posts...

If your point was that their lyrics are not to be taken seriously than you haven't discovered america you know... Many metal bands with gore lyrics like Cannibal Corpse claim that the lyrics are meant to be fun, not something serious...

My point was they are not a joke band anymore because they can make big money on it - I think this is Swano's best selling thing at the moment. I recall an interview with him shortly before Nightmares Made Flesh when he said he treated this band VERY seriously so it wasn't a joke band anymore. So do YOU get my point? :Smug:

hmm i see what you are driving at...of course i have discovered america and can count many extreme bands who write such lyrics only for the hell of it...

i think our disagreement is based on the difference between our definitions of a "joke band." yeah, basically you got the gist of what i was saying...i was mostly referring to their lyrics.

^ yeah, I guess so... For me a joke band is a band made for fun as a side project, a non profit type of thing... Of course the lyrics play an important role but they do not determine wheter a band is or not a joke band. Steel is a joke band cause they only released one EP, it was made solely from the love for heavy metal. Bloodbath had a similar beginning but the second album proved the guys wanted something more than a joke band label. But their lyrics are still hilarious :D

There's diferent levels of joke band as well. There's mock bands, the likes of GWAR, then spoof bands: Spinal Tap, joke bands: Steel and tongue in cheek bands: Dragonforce.

I guess that's the way I see it.